TT vs Mutant

Forum for kitesurfers
Hernan
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Hernan » Fri Aug 30, 2002 11:06 pm

Reading the Lightwind board thread I come to the conclution that it has to be a directional or a mutant. The flatter rocker at the tail and bigger fins make the difference. As a TT rider, I ask myself how different is the mutant ride?
I think that a assy rocker/fin setup and a TT outline/strap setup should be easy to adapt for any TT rider. (actually I want to try bigger fins at my "jumping" side in my TT.) A board like this should be better for waves too.
I actually feels very different riding woofy or regular so, why should the board be symetrical if I am not ??

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Dwight » Fri Aug 30, 2002 11:24 pm

Just a word of warning, demo one before you buy it. Two of my TT riding friends have tried Mutants and hated them.

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 31, 2002 8:11 am

Hernan,

I mostly ride the UG Wave Tray 137 which is an excellent TT board, it's perfect for transition work and tricks etc.

When I want to go big I use a Naish Mutant, thanks to the fins you can hold that ultimate edge so much longer and get the real big stuff. I ride it regular one way and toside the other way most of the time but it rides backwards good as well, very much like a small TT.

Try it for yourself, I know people that loves the Mutants and people that cant stand them. For me, they are nice for big airs and since they are directional they look better when you tweak the board in the air since you see what is front and back.

Just my 2 cents worht of thoughts!

Taz

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 31, 2002 3:33 pm

Mutants definetly jump and land much easier than twin-tips. The fins provide a lot of added lift for the low end and the upwind is insane on them. However, they are much more technical to ride than a twintip. If someone takes out a Mutant and hates it, chances are they haven't spent enough time on one to really learn how to ride it. It would take more than one session.

Tim

Return to “Kitesurfing”