*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 9:51 am 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2002 1:00 am
Posts: 6
I use 1 inflatable and 1 foil and I'm very happy. Don't waste your time with your PC if you can...


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 5:01 pm 
Quote:
On 2002-10-03 02:02, fokiten wrote:
While shooting upwind on bullshit
Be careful or you may slip
You see water is full with each brand of bull
And people who ought to but won’t quit
Being one of the many with opinions o plenty
I say ride what you will
To hell with this swill
Fokiten is out
That’s my penny




Top
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 9:44 pm 
sq225917

oh here we go.
i've been riding for a couple of years now and flew blades for years before.

after two different brands of lei's i've settled with flysurfers, and i've had mast airs and warriors and i've ridden the psycho protos over a couple of days.

the psycho's are basically mast air like in speed but turn faster, have 4x deower on the mast airs and handle like the warriors in terms of stability launch and relaunch.

the psycho is a good step forward for people riding at the limit of the warriors. but i wouldn't get one just to have a new kite. i'll be getting them because i believe i'm riidng pretty close to the limit of the warriors. getting picked up on the beach in gusts and only being able to ride fully depowered.

so the pyschos will be offering me more depower range and faster kites, so more performance.

i ride foils because i hate pumping lei's up.
sim ple as that.
the x2 is the current best performing kite on the market for expert riders, no arguement there.

but i'm not a pro, its just a hobby, and unlike a lot of people i know a pro kite wont make me pro, so why bother kidding yourselves just get the best kite you can handle.....

see you out there


Top
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 10:38 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2002 1:00 am
Posts: 2374
Location: AUCKLAND, NEW ZEALAND
Quote:

the x2 is the current best performing kite on the market for expert riders, no arguement there.

but i'm not a pro, its just a hobby, and unlike a lot of people i know a pro kite wont make me pro, so why bother kidding yourselves just get the best kite you can handle.....



Infact 'pro' kites do just the opposite..... They make you look more like a beginner!!!

For most people an intermediate kite for most conditions is probably the best choice.... why have bulk lift if all it's gonna do is punish you more when you mess up??

BLOWN AWAY :wink:


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 11:48 pm 
Ride what makes u happy!!


Top
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 12:31 am 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2002 1:00 am
Posts: 122
But this is my opinion and I know some guys who rip on the inflatables and have no troubles...
On 2002-09-01 09:53, Toby wrote:
just small shells and stones won't hur the tubes, unless you crash them with full speed on the beach. But normally it shouldn't be a problem.
Foils had a big disadvantage: not such lift as a tube. But the foil makers are on the way to solve this problem.
Flysurfer's Psycho will be a new generation of foil kites with great lift and hangtime.
More test reports about it should follow soon.

Foils have so many lines at the kite which makes it a little bit scary when you look at it, but therefore you have to pump up the tubes.

Greetings
Toby

[/quote]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: eppo on 2002-10-04 02:12 ]</font>


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 1:02 am 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2002 1:00 am
Posts: 122
I own a 2002 model inflatable (F1-Mach), to Peter Lynn Arcs and my latest: a 7m Warrioir.
and i've flown everything from an airush to a slingshot to the every reliable Naish - most models, so I'll let you know what I think...

Very simply, foils (the warrior) have a safety system that cannot be compared, nor their relaunch capacities. For guys who only kite once or twice a week, this is imperative (remember fella's most of us are not pro's). Set-up and pack away cannot be compared either. Repair and maintenance should not even be discussed, the warrior wins again.

Those who disagree with this I ask you two questions:

1. Have you owned and used all three types of kites and
2. Have you flown in the North West of Western Australia, with no kite shops, massive tides, gusty wind, horrid shell/barnacle infested beaches and some very, very big bities that require some fast relaunch ability at times - those who have fished up here will be smiling right now I suspect - I mean big, biiiiiiiiiiig fish.

The flying characteritics are all very different and depends on preferance and ability, those who try to lump kites in two or three categories i.e inflatables / arcs / Foils really need to get out there and try a few more kites! They are all different!

However I will say the new generation inflatables - especially the airush have much much better vertical lift - how do I know - I bloody use them. There is no comparison, the ease of jumping for vertical take-offs inducive to quick multiple loops etc well the warrior can't compare - it can't overfly (which i loooove) hence you cannot punch as straight up - although I have seen some experienced riders (4-5years) use it pretty well The jumps tend to big long and floaty. The inflatables win this one.

But you have to be honest with yourself, to get this vertical lift you need a high performance inflatable, which will overfly, as a learner or intermediate rider it could turn into a nightmare and an expensive and probably unsafe one at that. To appreciate the vertical lift you need to be able to kite well - before this happens I suggest you go for a safe, reliable, easily relaunchable, luff resistant, tangle resistant (anyone who has untangled a four line mess will understand) and relatively well performed kite - I'd go a warrior - be honest with yourself, don't buy into the massive marketing machine and the magazine promo's showing pro's going sick - you are a long way from that and do not have jetskis and rescue boats to get you - use common sense and talk to lots and lots of people that use all styles.


Plenty of ways to skin a cat man..

seeya when I'm lookin' at ya

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: eppo on 2002-10-04 02:10 ]</font>


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 1:33 am 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2002 1:00 am
Posts: 122
[quote]
On 2002-10-03 22:44, Anonymous wrote:
sq225917

oh here we go.
i've been riding for a couple of years now and flew blades for years before.

after two different brands of lei's i've settled with flysurfers, and i've had mast airs and warriors and i've ridden the psycho protos over a couple of days.

the psycho's are basically mast air like in speed but turn faster, have 4x deower on the mast airs and handle like the warriors in terms of stability launch and relaunch.

the psycho is a good step forward for people riding at the limit of the warriors. but i wouldn't get one just to have a new kite. i'll be getting them because i believe i'm riidng pretty close to the limit of the warriors. getting picked up on the beach in gusts and only being able to ride fully depowered.

so the pyschos will be offering me more depower range and faster kites, so more performance.

i ride foils because i hate pumping lei's up.
sim ple as that.
the x2 is the current best performing kite on the market for expert riders, no arguement there.

but i'm not a pro, its just a hobby, and unlike a lot of people i know a pro kite wont make me pro, so why bother kidding yourselves just get the best kite you can handle.....

see you out there

Hey can you tell me more about the pyscho. I currently use the Warrioir, used a new wave and an EX, as well as arcs and an f1 infatable - and i loooove the warrioir - interestingly, I said very similar comments about most of us not being pros page 4. Anyhow what is the stability like on the pyscho. I fly in fairly turbelen conditions up here in the north west of Western Australia. I've flown for three seasons so Kind of know wha I'm doing - kind of?? Tell me more man, I need a light wind kite up here.

eppo


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 2:06 am 
Quote:
On 2002-10-03 02:02, fokiten wrote:
While shooting upwind on bullshit
Be careful or you may slip
You see water is full with each brand of bull
And people who ought to but won’t quit
Being one of the many with opinions o plenty
I say ride what you will
To hell with this swill
Fokiten is out
That’s my penny




Top
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], soul19 and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group