Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

shades or goggles ?

Forum for kitesurfers
airmonkey
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby airmonkey » Mon Sep 02, 2002 8:49 pm

I also found products by Blueeye eyewear, which have some nice features like quality replaceable lenses, big anti-fog holes and they float.

Check them out at http://www.blueye.com.au

Just trying to find out the cost and availability in the UK at the moment.

Carbon
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Carbon » Mon Sep 16, 2002 10:01 pm

Air Monkey - Did you find out any more details on the Blueye GreenRoom's? They work out at about £50 inc carriage if you order direct.

I tried on some Oakley Water Jackets but they flet really uncomfortable under my Gath.

aklbob
Frequent Poster

Postby aklbob » Mon Sep 16, 2002 10:39 pm

I tried the dirty dog water goggles, but the foam falls off after a few sessions, they fog badly, and the tint is too dark to see detail in the water. I bought some stuff to stop them fogging, which seemed to work if applied each time. They do save your eyes from windburn and sun damage. I found they fog more in sub 20 degree days, but 25-28 degree days in Rarotonga were sweet!

chirojoseph
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: All of Quintana Roo Mexico
Style: wave kite, wave FOIL kite
Gear: zeeko, Shinn, Fone, SShot, Naish, AXIS surfboards

Postby chirojoseph » Tue Sep 17, 2002 3:57 am

I have not been at all impressed with my Shields! dThey seemed great at first, driving down the road, nice big and dark. But after a short while the rubber nosepiece rotted and broke. They scratch quite easy. And they ride VERY close to your face so they ALWAYS fog up on me. Ive tried the stick of nofog goop they give you..crap. Ive tried RainX and it went on nice and slick but they still fogged on me. Ive had more luck using standard drops for diving/snorkeling masks to keep from getting fogged out. I think the main problem is they ride up high on the forehead and TOOOO close to the face. my next modification will be to superglue some rubber "spacers" on the top edge of the lens so i get more airflow.

i mean hey, i paid 60 bucks for those fuckers im going to MAKE them work;)

(sorrry, i get frustrated when i cant SEE!)

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 17, 2002 5:23 am

On 2002-09-16 23:39, aklbob wrote:
I tried the dirty dog water goggles, but the foam falls off after a few sessions, they fog badly, and the tint is too dark to see detail in the water. I bought some stuff to stop them fogging, which seemed to work if applied each time. They do save your eyes from windburn and sun damage. I found they fog more in sub 20 degree days, but 25-28 degree days in Rarotonga were sweet!
Hey Bob...

How was Raro? I've always been wanting to go over thereto kite! Did you catch up with Ken K the mad old windsurfer with that mad board design.. or do you not have any idea what I'm on about?

Cya
Callum

Sorry for hijacking the thread...

airmonkey
Rare Poster

Postby airmonkey » Tue Sep 17, 2002 10:24 am

Just to let the UK contingent know you can buy the bueeye eyewear in the UK at £60 a pair - so you may be better off ordering a pair direct to save a tenner.

Contact the distributors for the UK to find out if there's a shop that stock them near you - The KiteSurf Company Tel: +44 (0)870 8700150

Return to “Kitesurfing”