Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Help with line configuration on Mach1 ??

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 02, 2002 3:53 pm

I have been having problems with my 12.1 Mach 1. It looks asymetrical and flies weird, it has a tendency to go backwards (when little power). Anyone have this kite..? what kind of setup do you use? or am I just inexperienced? Any help would be useful....

Good winds/// Olle

cglazier
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish, Flysurfer, Alpine, Moses
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby cglazier » Mon Sep 02, 2002 4:43 pm

Make sure that all your lines are equal length ...this may solve your asymetry problem.
Yes the kite can fly backwards if it is oversheeted (just like an Airblast or an ARC). If you quickly sheet out it will recover and fly normally. You should set up your front lines adjustment strap so this does NOT happen in the normal chicken loop travel range.

Chris G

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cglazier on 2002-09-02 17:45 ]</font>

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 03, 2002 12:34 am

Check the length of the lines. Mine had a r/l difference of 6cm. After adjusting length the kite flies balanced.
And backflying means just tear the adjuster...
Thisl

Vangelis
Medium Poster

Postby Vangelis » Tue Sep 03, 2002 2:53 am

My 9.1 Mach-1 has a tendency to go backwards when underpowered. When tested by kiteboarding.de it was also one of their comments. Not much to do with your setup, just a "feature" of this kite. When it happens it means that there isn't enough wind for it. I guess better backwords than hindenburg, like my rrd used to do....

marina
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Central Coast, California
Favorite Beaches: Central Coast, California
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
Ventana, Mexico
Oregon Coast
Baja Pacific Side
Peru
Style: waves, jumping and wiggling
Gear: mixed
Brand Affiliation: mixed

Postby marina » Tue Sep 03, 2002 11:25 am

Because of the depower range on the Mach 1, it will oversheet when underpowered if not adjusted correctly. This is true of other kites with big depower ranges like airblasts and takoons....

Marina

lndpnt
Medium Poster

Postby lndpnt » Tue Sep 03, 2002 12:44 pm

I took at least 5" off the front lines on my 18 and my 15. They handle much better now. F-ones are durable but heavy. When it gets light - gravity takes over - get a bigger kite. When the kite starts to fall backwards you can recover it easier by depowering, I don't know why but it helps.
Once it's tuned and up in the proper wind range, they're crazy fun,
Lane

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 03, 2002 5:14 pm

Ok.. I checked my lines and found out that one of my lines was about 7-8cm longer than the other lines,,, explaining the irregular shape in the air and the backwards flying you have also explained

Thanks/

Olle

Return to “Kitesurfing”