new Wipika & takoon

Forum for kitesurfers
Sake
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Sake » Sun Sep 15, 2002 9:44 am

Yep, the AMP. He was using it yesterday.

Sake
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Sake » Mon Sep 16, 2002 10:11 am

JMF
Frequent Poster

Postby JMF » Mon Sep 16, 2002 3:31 pm

Umm sake what are you trying to say ?...most of us dont speak dutch can you translate the artickle ???

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 16, 2002 3:47 pm

MissionMan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby MissionMan » Mon Sep 16, 2002 4:03 pm

There is nothing there on the AMP. Suggest you recheck your web page.

Sake
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Sake » Mon Sep 16, 2002 4:24 pm

Go to the link for the photo.

Translation:
First test-kites arrived on september the 13th in the Netherlands and are immedeatly tested by Ruud Overwater. He wil keep you posted about the development of Wipika kites.
First noticeable changes are the completly new built AMP (successor of the Airblast):
More power so the kites can be used with lighter winds. Also the kite will have longer and higher airtime and there are a lot of ways of adjustment, so you will be able to change the way the kite behaves to the kiter's personal preference.
The test kites are now completely grey.
The production-kite will have options so they will look a lot different. More info will follow once ruud has used them more on the water.

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 16, 2002 9:07 pm

2003 . . . amp

aklbob
Frequent Poster

Postby aklbob » Mon Sep 16, 2002 10:44 pm

yawn, sounds like they 'may' improve the performance, but big deal, all the kites are better now, what we want to know is about innovation! (And if they are going to fall apart by using cheap materials again!)

windprayer
Medium Poster
Local Beach: I'm kiting on lakes in switzerland
Favorite Beaches: still on my search....
Style: waves
Gear: Takoon Furia LTD 7, 9, 13 and Soul 5

Postby windprayer » Tue Sep 17, 2002 9:01 pm

By luck I was last weekend in Oostvoorne NL and saw the new wipi prototype. Nothing impressive what I saw but we couldn’t try due to less wind at Sunday. Don’t know really but for me it seams this kite is just an alibi to prevent the rumours and get more time to do the homework.

Regarding the distributor quality, it seams I should live at the George;-) the main distributor for Switzerland (no names, find it out by using the wipi homepage) is a big fu.. up! and from the Kiteshop in Germany where I ordered the 2002 Models I got no support with a warranty request at all. Not even a feedback and the guys from the German main distributor office (Knut) did not now anything about my kite at all. strange!

In addition to that there are rumours here in Switzerland that no more delaminating problems will be accepted from wipi at all.
I love the wipis but the support, the distributors and wipika them self is a big disaster. I have to find something else to ride next year...

CU @ Fone store;-)
andy

chirojoseph
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: All of Quintana Roo Mexico
Style: wave kite, wave FOIL kite
Gear: zeeko, Shinn, Fone, SShot, Naish, AXIS surfboards

Postby chirojoseph » Tue Sep 17, 2002 9:43 pm

not really sure what this topic is all about...wipikas future or the comparison of a wipi vs. the takoon.

Ill say finally after 8 days of a great 15 to 22 knot southeaster here in Cancun that the Takoon 10.5 (14 mt flat) is the nicest inflo that ive tried (i havent ridden the X2 or the Airblast yet though). It is SUPER light, it turns SO easy, and it generates LOADS of power on the upstroke when you hang on the bar. I always seem to know exactly where it is over my head when im airborn too. the LE pumps up fast cause its so skinny (comparing to slingshots, f1s, Ocean Rodeos etc) The bar is very nice, strong simple winders, and a nice quickrelease pin on both the main and chicken loops. Only thinkg i dont like are the colors and Logo! I think the designer was on ACID when he picked baby shit brown and orange!;)

Return to “Kitesurfing”