All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 8:22 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 10:28 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

The news designs were just received. The LFT (little fat twin) has so far proved to be a pretty good board for the lighter winds, though I think a better design is in order!

V
http://www.chicagokitesurfing.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 10:41 pm 
Frequent Poster

Well looks like the Chubby wakeboard sytle boards are here.....it was only a matter of time. I remember a time when my wakeboards were very similar to todays kiteboards thin and long now things are looking diffrent I think designers are taking alot of cue's from Wakeboard design in 2003.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 12:01 am 
Quote:
On 2002-09-12 23:41, Wipirider wrote:
Well looks like the Chubby wakeboard sytle boards are here.....it was only a matter of time. I remember a time when my wakeboards were very similar to todays kiteboards thin and long now things are looking diffrent I think designers are taking alot of cue's from Wakeboard design in 2003.

Looks like other board designers have taken alot of cue's from underground who have been making short fat boards for quite sometime now. Now the american marketing hype is just catching up to what people down under have been doing for probably 12 months or more allready!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 1:13 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Maybe, the wavetray has a good reputation for wave riding.

However, I know there's a lot of testing going on in various places of the world to build boards. Slingshot's new SX division boards are claiming to be wide adn short, but they are no wider than the Jarvis...which seems weird since they are shorter. Maybe they are talking about the overall profile, like the AR of a kite?

V

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 1:24 am 
Have a look at the fridge door and smorgas boards for examples of short fat boards from underground.

http://www.undergroundkiteboards.com for details...

They are classed as lightwind freestyle boards. A couple of the guys that used to wakeboard here use the FD as a light wind alternate to a wakeboard they say it's ride is nicelay comparable...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 3:49 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I already checked 'em out. Might even rep them. I will probably order a batch of underground boards in the spring when the beginning of the new k/s season starts here in Chicago. I do want to test them against the LFT Slingshot is releasing now. Its a 167cm x 48cm (or is it 49cm wide? - can't remember). This board is superwide with a stronger curvature to it. Its supposed to be good down to 4kts with expert riders...

Anyway...we're looking for a good light-wind board for 200lb riders in 10-12kts. Haven't really found one yet below 180cm.

V

[ 7 posts ]