Flysurfer Warrior 16.5

Forum for kitesurfers
urbanr
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby urbanr » Tue Sep 17, 2002 12:11 pm

I recently traded in my old Speedair 12.0 for a new Warrior 16.5. while visiting the Flysurfer office in Germany. They basically made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

But now with all this talk about the Psycho, I'm feeling as though I may have made a hasty decision.

Anyway, so I can at least feel good about my trade, I was wondering what opinons are regarding the Warrior 16.5.

I've read quite a bit that it's absolutely the best light wind kite around in terms of overall pull, relaunch, etc.. I've also read that it's a little slow in the turns hence needing a different jumping technique.

Having said that, is this kite only meant for cruising on the light wind days or can you pull some height with these monsters? It's looking like the Psycho will have all the lift characteristics of LEIs, with all the other advantages of foils. Personally, if I can get long ass hangtime... even if it's only a few feet off the water, then I'll be happy with my new toy.

Thanking you guys in advance,

urbanr

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 17, 2002 1:36 pm

You won't be dissapointed the WA 16.5 is a really good light wind kite, and you can with a slightly different technique jump these foils very well.

Look it up in the search archive, ofcourse the wind conditions with which you use this kite in 6-15 knots won't give you MEGA jumps but you can get some hight and float long.

Restart is perfect from 5knots upwards, and upwind is perfect too because of the slightly higher AR then the other warriors you can park the kite quite early and cruise along.

All in all a wonderfull kite, try it out further you won't be dissapointed.
Here we have 2 guys riding them and they are sailing,jumping and going upwind when all the tubies are still on the beach, marvellous!!

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Tue Sep 17, 2002 1:52 pm

unless you want big airs the Warrior is fine and will start really early. Good for light winds.

Mr Jo Macdonald
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Mr Jo Macdonald » Tue Sep 17, 2002 2:01 pm

I posted some foil jumping techniques a few days ago, mostly about warriors, look 'em up. I've never tried a Warrior but personally I think longer lines might be a good idea for light wind. 22m lines give me the impression that they're strangling the thing.
Ask Flysurfer, they're really helpfull, answer e-mails straight away, unlike some other kite manufacturers.
Jo

Return to “Kitesurfing”