Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

NAISH X10

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 10, 2002 2:59 pm

This kite looks amazing!! The competition is gonna have a difficult time.

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 10, 2002 3:06 pm

Any pictures out there ?

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Dwight » Tue Sep 10, 2002 3:43 pm

Don't be too sure. I think on flysurf.com it says something about RRD making a special kite for hang time. Maybe next year, several companies will make special kites for their team riders to win contests with.

aklbob
Frequent Poster

Postby aklbob » Wed Sep 11, 2002 12:26 am

I guess Naish will start using that new canopy material in all the kites for 2003? Probably more expensive, but I bet Naish sell them at the same price as this years kites... just like when Dacron came out on the kites, for the same price as using the cheaper materials like mylar..

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any

Postby Dwight » Wed Sep 11, 2002 2:33 am

On 2002-09-11 01:26, aklbob wrote:
I guess Naish will start using that new canopy material in all the kites for 2003? Probably more expensive,
It looks like Wipika LTR kite material. It was junk material. Don't buy the kite if it's made with that stuff. Let team riders who pay nothing for their kites buy them.

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 11, 2002 2:48 am

If you look at
http://www.kiteboarding.be/frameset2.htm

there is some close ups of the material. It looks interesting, a laminate with some sort of cross thread in the middle - for strength and non stretchyness (for lack of being able to think of the correct word!) i would think!

From the distance shots it does look like the ltr cloth, but close up I am sure you'll agree it is different - different to any ltr i have sceen anyway!

ciao!

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 11, 2002 5:03 am

I just thought... what if this kite doesnt give there riders a definate edge in hangtime comps? Naish are going to look kinda silly don't you think...

JMF
Frequent Poster

Postby JMF » Wed Sep 11, 2002 8:36 am

The LTR material was more like a fertilizer bag than the material the X10 is using.

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 11, 2002 9:26 am

Hi,

The material used is called Scrim and has been used in heavier weights in windsurfing for a long time. It is very strong and stretch resistant and will help keep the canopy shape perfect.

It's worlds apart from the material used in Wipi LTR.

Julio
Rare Poster

Postby Julio » Wed Sep 11, 2002 10:09 am

Someone (jpb183) wrote on the flysurf.com Forum:

" First of all, the X10 is not supposed to replace the X2. The X10 will only be made in 2 sizes: 12 and 18 m². These kites have a very big aspect ratio: 10. This means that the kite has incredibly lots of hangtime and lift. Much more than the X2! But this has disadvantages also: in gusty wind, the kite will not be very stable. The X10 is a new range of highperformance kites in the Naish product portfolio, definitely not for 50% of the kiters. As you can see in the images, half of the kite is made from a new cloth, which holds the kite in the perfect rigid shape to avoid loss of energy due to deforming. "

Return to “Kitesurfing”