Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

board leash at the front?

Forum for kitesurfers
mark66
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby mark66 » Fri Sep 13, 2002 9:34 pm

This might sound like a silly question,but i have just brought my first TT a olry 175 and the leash attaches to the front of the board,it's a second hand board so at first i thought the guy i brough it off set the foot straps up wrong,i always understood that the leash attached to the rear of the board is this correct? this board has five fins am i right thinking that the middle fin is a heal side fin? thanks for helping

Sake
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Sake » Fri Sep 13, 2002 10:04 pm

You mean on the right side?!

Think about it. Has a TT a front- and a backside?!

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 13, 2002 10:04 pm

On a twin-tip ot does'nt really matter if the the leash is attached to the nose or the tail. Just go with what feels the most comfortable Only use a leash if it's really necessary. It's better to learn to bodydrag upwind to retrieve you board, which isn't difficult.

Mr Jo Macdonald
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Mr Jo Macdonald » Fri Sep 13, 2002 10:06 pm

Hi Mark, you're right, middle fin is heel side, helps you go upwind. No front or back really on a twin tip, depends on which way you're going. If you're in the straps with the middle fin on your heel side the right tip of the board is the front when you go right and the left side is the front when you go left. Board always goes on the same way and you don't have to change your feet in the straps like on a directional.

mark66
Rare Poster

Postby mark66 » Fri Sep 13, 2002 11:31 pm

Thanks for the help everyone

Return to “Kitesurfing”