Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Andy Hurdman Wins Red Bull Qualifier !!

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Andy Hurdman Wins Red Bull Qualifier !!

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 07, 2003 7:55 pm

Liquid Force Team Rider Andy Hurdman Wins Red Bull!!!

Corpus Christi, TX. - Newly signed Liquid Force team rider Andy Hurdman out shined 20 other kiters to decisively take first place at the Red Bull King of the Air Qualifier. The weekend presented the riders with a challenge, as no two rounds were the same due to the varying wind speeds. While some riders couldn't handle the conditions, Andy maintained his presence in front of the crowds on his Tension kites. Andy was overheard after the event saying, "The Tensions did everything I wanted them to do exactly when I wanted. The kites kept me upwind and powered even when the other guys were drifting away."

Through out the weekend Andy made it known that he knew his equipment well as the changing conditions had him winning each of the double elimination rounds on his 20.5m, 16.5m, and 12.5m Tensions. Andy got the crowd going with his quick and aggressive riding in which he seamlessly linked his unhooked wakeboard tricks with big floaty grabs. Andy demonstrated how to stand apart from the crowd by grabbing virtually every invert he threw and landing countless trick blind. While most of the other competitors ended up downwind during the semifinals and finals due to the changing conditions, Andy stayed upwind and in front of the judges on his Liquid Force kites. When the final round was over it was judge Lou Wainman who first declared Andy the winner with a simple, "Andy took it."

When asked how he felt about his new equipment Andy responded, "I'm really excited to be with Liquid Force! The Tensions are really easy to fly and are by far my favorite kites I've flown yet. I was really happy how my Truth 140 cut through the choppy contest conditions with ease even though I was riding with small fins. The board is super easy to ride, gets excellent pop off the water and holds an edge super well. That's the truth!"

An excited Tony Finn remarked," We're stoked to have Andy on the team! We've believed in Andy since the beginning and with this win he has only proved us right. Andy's addition along with Moehau Goold and Nacho Yuste is just the start of things to come from Liquid Force. We are fully committed to making Liquid Force kites and boards the best in the world. Check our stuff out!"

For more info on Liquid Force Tension kites, Liquid Force Kiteboards, or Liquid Force team riders, visit us at http://www.liquidforcekites.com or contact Paul Pearce at paulp@liquidforce.com

RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby RickI » Thu Aug 07, 2003 8:06 pm

Way to go ANDY!!! Do us Florida riders proud. Here are some shots of Andy from VG '03 in May of this year, also in Corpus, doing his stuff. Great team rider choice Liquid Force and best of luck in Maui!

[/img]

Return to “Kitesurfing”