Forum for kitesurfers
Mikito Harakiri
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

king of the bay technical info

Postby Mikito Harakiri » Wed Aug 13, 2003 8:19 pm

Just have read about 7.81 seconds hang time in some other competition. What was the winning hang time @ King of the bay:?: The KOB site doesn't seem to have any techical info yet.

dt
Very Frequent Poster

Postby dt » Thu Aug 14, 2003 3:34 am

I don't think hang time was measured at the King of the Bay contest. There were points for completing different tricks but I don't think anyone was there with a stop watch documenting hang time.

doug

kiteantigua.com
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby kiteantigua.com » Thu Aug 14, 2003 12:45 pm

nah they didn't seem interested in hang time unless it included some sort of move.
Check out the air on one of Dre's jumps on http://www.kiter.com/features/interview ... hillip.asp

the official site had some great links to photos. eli

experienced1
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby experienced1 » Thu Aug 14, 2003 4:00 pm

There was not hangtime specific event. King of the Bay consisted of two single eliminaton contests with scrores/finish from each contest being added together to determine the final ranking. After all this there was a tie betweeen Andre Phillip and Sky Solback. A mam on man heat was then run to determine the overall winner..Phillip. Just a note, Doyle clearly won the second contest but because of a poor finish in the first contest(10th), he finished 5th overall. The poor finish was due to the fact that he lost his kite in the first 1-2 min of the heat. The contest also had a rule that if you lost your kite and you were not wearing a kite leash you would automatically finish last in your heat.
After the officialy contest there was an expression session...with Doyle winning overall. If there had been a best trick or hand time, in my opinion, Finer would have easily won the hangtime and Tyburski the best trick

Return to “Kitesurfing”