Forum for kitesurfers
RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Some more reasons ...

Postby RickI » Thu Aug 14, 2003 8:06 pm

"After seeing several close friends experience serious head injuries (LMG, Eric, Trang), I am now wearing a helmet when I kite... While we can deal with injuries to our limbs, it is much harder to deal with head injuries or even death. Just go out and buy a helmet... use it where and when it makes sense like 3rd where there are many saftey issues surrounding the launching and landing zones. I bought a Protec, a pro wakeboard helmet, its comfortable, light and easy to get use to. It's just that easy. Several shops now carry Protec, Cityfront, Marin and Jeff's shop in Alameda... Choose safety over ego and hopefully less people will sustain life threatening injuries. Trang you are in my thoughts. I hope to see you again soon."

This posting was taken from the following thread on ikitesurf.com that is discussing two serious kiteboarder head injuries that happened last weekend.

http://tinyurl.com/k1jy
Last edited by RickI on Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:14 pm, edited 7 times in total.

kiteboarder@pacbell.net
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Some more reasons ...

Postby kiteboarder@pacbell.net » Fri Aug 15, 2003 2:12 am

"RickI" forwarded:
"While we can deal with injuries to our limbs, it is much harder to deal with head injuries or even death. "
I don't think death is very hard to deal with: You die & end all your problems!

RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Re: Some more reasons ...

Postby RickI » Fri Aug 15, 2003 3:11 am

kiteboarder@pacbell.net wrote:
"RickI" forwarded:
"While we can deal with injuries to our limbs, it is much harder to deal with head injuries or even death. "
I don't think death is very hard to deal with: You die & end all your problems!
True. Then again, there are all the problems that family and friends have to try to manage through. It is hard to imagine what loved ones have to deal with and carry on through.

Lastly, there is US, the kiteboarders who may have to try to hang on to access that may have been thrown into the deep end by the untimely passing.

Good advice: Be careful, do your homework, build skill intelligently and take good pro training to boost you on your way, try to learn from the misadventures of others, use reasonable safety gear and don't do anything excessively unwise or terminal. Simple.

bubba
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby bubba » Fri Aug 15, 2003 3:58 am

I feel all warm and fuzzy now
thanks rick
I think I'll go have a warm cup of coco milk now

Return to “Kitesurfing”