Going to Denmark

Forum for kitesurfers
Geo
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Going to Denmark

Postby Geo » Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:23 am

I'm from Sydney Australia and am going to Denmark next week for one month to visit my girlfriend.. She wants to rent me a beach house or unit for a week where there's good kitesurfing ( am I lucky or what) but she knows nothing about where to go...so if anyone's got any good tips on best beaches to stay or even specific houses they know I can rent that would be great.... Also I'll be staying in Copenhagen the rest of the time so any good spots I can drive to would be great.....
Thanks guys :thumb:

hawaiikiter
Frequent Poster

Postby hawaiikiter » Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:38 am

well damn you gotta stay near copenhagen. klimoller is far away but after the recent storms there were 5-6meter waves >)

there is loads of wind too.

anyway, near copenhagen, dont know. haha, sorry.

blueswan
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby blueswan » Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:57 am

you should be able to find good spots within an hour of copenhagen. Take a look at http://www.foilfest.com for some maps. Marc's a friendly bloke & will probably give you some location tips if you email him.

Andy

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:10 pm

Just go to http://www.kitesurferen.dk and ask here on the Forum.
There are spots directly at Copenhagen - but one of them has restricted access because of birds and nature politics.

So you have to know first, where you may sail, and where you cant !

This is the only restricted area in Denmark at all - but used by all kiters in Copenhagen, so very important to know !

Uschen
Rare Poster

Flat water or good waves?

Postby Uschen » Mon Aug 18, 2003 2:37 pm

If you want both, go to Hvide Sande on the west coast of denmark. Is a dream to ride the clean lines of waves on the northsee. Or if you want to ride on flat water, go to the east side of Hvide Sande. There is the ringköbing fjord. Best conditions there. In two weeks I will spent a week in Hvide Sande. Hope, there is enough wind.

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Flat water or good waves?

Postby Peter_Frank » Mon Aug 18, 2003 3:16 pm

Uschen wrote:If you want both, go to Hvide Sande on the west coast of denmark. Is a dream to ride the clean lines of waves on the northsee. Or if you want to ride on flat water, go to the east side of Hvide Sande. There is the ringköbing fjord. Best conditions there. In two weeks I will spent a week in Hvide Sande. Hope, there is enough wind.
This is true - also, on the west coast there is huge amounts of wind, almost always.
The east of Denmark does not have wind in the same amounts (or that often...)
On the west coast there are often wind, even when there is totally "silent" in the rest of Denmark :thumb:
This is due to thermal conditions being stronger here, AND because the path of the low pressure systems are going directly at the westcoast too.

And if it gets too big (waves can get 3-6 meters when it really blows), just go on the inside where the water is flat, and you can reach the bottom for miles out.

Geo
Rare Poster

thanks for the tips

Postby Geo » Tue Aug 19, 2003 1:08 am

HI guys...thanks for your replies..... I found a house to rent in Bork Havn.
Its on the southeast side of Ringkobing Fjord..... Is this any good? Also I've got a Co2 16 and 12m....I don't have a smaller kite but do you think I would need one?
Anyway thanks for the tips and maybe I'll see some of you guys out there...
geordie

Rasmuskk
Medium Poster

Postby Rasmuskk » Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:34 pm

As Peter Frank said - go to http://www.kitesurferen.dk
Every kitesurfer in DK will read your questions- and people usually reply very quickly!!
I have have two Aero II kites 12 and 16 and I'm almost always able to fly with these - Okay sometimes it's blowing to hard for me but I'm a small guy (65kilos).
I'f you want to check out the danish weather go to http://www.dmi.dk
- Always add a couple of m/s to the national weatherforecast when you're around the westcoast!
I'm going to AU myself the 24th of september - I'd like to talk to you about kitesurfing in AU - Please give me your contact info in DK!! :D

Uschen
Rare Poster

Bork Havn

Postby Uschen » Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:54 am

When you are in Bork Havn in the first week of september, we can visit us. We came with nearly 25 kiter from germany to spent a week on the west coast. Bork Havn is a small fishman village. A small habour and some simple houses to rent. You should only kite left from the habour. On the right side it is forbidden. At this time there are a lot of windsurfer and there isnt an separate kitezone. So the beach and water must shared carefully. But you realy should go to Hvide Sande, 35 Km in the north of Bork Havn. Its a dream Spot.

greetings from Berlin, André :bye:

Return to “Kitesurfing”