Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Exclusive premiere! The Slingshot Fuel 2004 pictures & i

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Exclusive premiere! The Slingshot Fuel 2004 pictures & i

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 23, 2003 10:33 am

On Kiteforum.net, in an exclusive premiere from Slingshot, the new Fuel 2004.

For the full set of pictures and features check at: http://www.kiteforum.net

Hang loose
Max

Robert
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Robert » Sat Aug 23, 2003 10:50 am

They look very nice!

Also the one pump technology looks good but how durable is it?

Cheers,
Robert

Amadeus
Rare Poster

Postby Amadeus » Sun Aug 24, 2003 12:07 pm

I'm not so sure.
In ocean each stuff is under a strong stress for salt, water, sun a high strenghts from wind power and dynamic steering and crashes.

Each single part of the kite can be broken quite easily, so it's better doesn't have complexity where really is not necessary.

Otherwise the one pump seems very interesting indeed.
I hope a big company like Slingshot made a lot of homeworks before offer this feature on the 2004 market.

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:32 am

durability-slingshot?

i'm surprised anyone even has to ask anymore?

Booster
Rare Poster

Postby Booster » Tue Aug 26, 2003 3:21 am

I personally have found more durability and construction issues with my Slingshot kites than the others I have owned such as stitching coming apart everywhere after 6 months on the 02 fuels, through to battens falling out of the early 03 models and stitching coming undone at the end of the sleeves on the main strut causing the main bladder to become exposed at the ends (after about 3 months of use). When going back to the retailer with problems, I was told it was because I pumped them up too hard which I can tell you is not the case - if anything I don't pump them up enough.

We always hear so much on the durability front from Slingshot, but is it all true? I will be giving this years kites a go, but if they haven't improved then I will change brands next year for sure.

Also hoping that there is a lot more lift and hang time on the 04 fuels than on previous models. Can anyone comment on this?

Axis
Medium Poster

Postby Axis » Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:47 am

Booster wrote:
I personally have found more durability and construction issues with my Slingshot kites than the others I have owned
Hi Booster, I have only owned the 2003 Fuels, but have found them to be amazingly strong, coming through a few nasty incidents unscathed. IMO you have been very unlucky.
Also hoping that there is a lot more lift and hang time on the 04 fuels than on previous models
I am more than happy with the lift/hang time on the 2003 models. I think they are amazing. Can't wait to try the '04's.

doofus
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Gear: Ozone, ASP, Levitaz
Brand Affiliation: Customer.

Postby doofus » Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:57 am

some better pix on
http://www.anabatic.co.nz

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:00 am

never had any problems with any of the slingshots i've had, and we only had one kite returned in the whole of the uk this year. you've been real unlucky or seriously mistreat your kit.

and it sounds like your dealer suxcks as well.

toyletbowl
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Olbrich, Governor Nelson, Tenney, Burrows and McDaniels.
Favorite Beaches: Olbrich on SW and McDaniels on a SSW.
Sheboygan when it blows hard on a NE.
Style: Waves, Twin tip and Foilboards.
Gear: Whatever is available.
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha, Slingshot, Core, Armstrong, Axis, NP Surf, Ride engine, Mystic. www.kiteridersllc.com

Postby toyletbowl » Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:50 pm

Booster,

In general, Slingshot seems to have the one of the best reps for quality. Every company will have some bad product, but overall they are very well made. 3 years on slingshot and never a ripped seam, blown bladder, etc, etc, etc...

I'm sure the kites are very well made like all the gear. Lighter weight may seem contradictory to quality and durability, but after reading the scoop on the new design, they are able to save weight and keep the durability. Awesome job.

Anyone know if Slingshot has done anything with the bar to incorporate a spinning leash???? Heard it may be at the hook like Naish???

titanutah
Rare Poster

Postby titanutah » Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:04 am

Had a 2004 Slingshot Fuel in my hands last weekend. Quality is excellent. Bladder setup is very sweet and will last. Kite is very very rigid and responsive. Faster flyin than the 03 Fuel's. Water relaunches better too. many changes were made. its a great kite. my rep should have them for sale in about a week so be sure to check them out. very sweet kites. Pumps up so incredibly fast. Very durable and bladders are easy to change out if broken. So many great improvements over the 03 model. Slingshot is defintely on their game. Cabrinha too with the Recon system. Very nice kites there. I wouldnt recommend any other two companies.

Return to “Kitesurfing”