All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:58 pm 
Frequent Poster

if you are high in the air with a titan and you pull the trigger for the double kite loop it must be the same feeling the soldiers of Starship Enterprise must have during beaming.

go out and have that fun. Me watching ...

* respect *
niko

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:58 pm 
Medium Poster

How many guys in the world can seriously consistently land double kite loops? I don't care what people fly as long as they are stoked with the sport but c'mon, there are much better challenges to truly test which kites perform better in different aspects than a trick MAYBE 10 guys in the world can do.
Toby, you were at the German event, how many guys were pulling and landing double kite loops?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:54 pm 
Medium Poster

I can do a double back loop with a mute grab and a single kite loop.Not every time but with a few chances for sure I will land one..But who gives a shit because we all know that Pmu is full of shit!!!!!!How about this poser boy I will save you some money I will come to Australia and do it in front of your eyes, If I make in a few trys you pay my plane Ticket and let me kick you in the ass just once.If I don't make it you pay nothing and win your bragging rights...Once again poser boy I am calling you out PUT UP OR SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Like I have said before I am willing to travel to prove what I say and to stand up for what I believe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ted B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:06 pm 
Frequent Poster

its on :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:09 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

well,
now we're getting somewhere.
and i thought this would be the same old cut and paste bullshit.
PMU may need an original response to this one.
stay tuned cyber kiters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 6:46 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

good idea PU, how abouit Ted comming over to OZ and he can do t right in front of your eyes?

Damn, I wanna see that challenge too!

I didn't see any double kiteloop myself yet, only heard about it (I guess only one rider did it at the PKRA Germany)

Greets
Toby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:49 pm 
Medium Poster

Toby wrote:
good idea PU, how abouit Ted comming over to OZ and he can do t right in front of your eyes?

Damn, I wanna see that challenge too!

I didn't see any double kiteloop myself yet, only heard about it (I guess only one rider did it at the PKRA Germany)

Greets
Toby

That would be great. I'm ready to pay for the vid.
We also need some body guards to prevent a new kitemare
:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:07 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Toby wrote:
I think any official event should be fine, how about it PMU?

I would prefer it to be held at a PKRA event. The recent discussion about "biased" judging at the Red Bull KOTA qualifier shows that judging can be PERCEIVED to be unfair (even if in reality it is very fair). I have a lot of respect for the integrity of the PKRA - at the moment it is the only organisation I would be happy to supervise this challenge.

Toby wrote:
If you are serious about it, you should somehow make sure that if someone does it he will get the money!

I AM serious about it. Maybe using a 3rd party as a mediator or cash repository is the answer. If anyone credible (eg a large shop, a legal trust etc) is willing to hold my cash for 3 months, I'm willing to put it up. I'd be willing to put up a $1000 deposit, with full payment on conclusive proof of a double kiteloop. Apart from that, although "PMU" is an anonymous pseudonym (for obvious reasons [death threats, threats of violence, abuse, etc from ram lovers], I don't want to reveal who I am just yet. But my word is good. If a rider conclusively pulls a complete 720 degree kiteloop on a Titan, I WILL pay up.

Toby wrote:
But how about a challenge you vs. Ted B? With judges and everything?
That would be a great challenge as well!!! :thumb:

Yes... that would be interesting :!: I'll have a think about it. I still think I would have more to lose than gain in a one-on-one contest. Firstly, I would be losing the protection of anonymity (opening myself up wide to the abuse, invective, and flames of ram users). Secondly, I really don't know that a one-on-one contest proves anything about the virtues of one kite compared to another; it is more indicative of rider skill vs rider skill. If you got one thousand people riding Titans and one thousand people of a similar skill level riding inflatables, you would definitely see a pattern (inflatables dominating- of course). Anyway, the big competitions (PKRA, KPWT, National Titles) are probably the best way of showcasing kites and riders against each other. No ram airs are in the top 50 on the PKRA - this is a damning indictment of ram airs.

Ted B. wrote:
I can do a double back loop with a mute grab and a single kite loop. I will come to Australia and do it in front of your eyes, If I make in a few trys you pay my plane Ticket and let me kick you in the ass just once.If I don't make it you pay nothing and win your bragging rights...

That's a pretty lame trick you're describing Ted. Any advanced rider can do a double back loop with a grab and kiteloop. The fact that you are holding it up as indicative of your riding excellence and the adequacy of your kites is really a bit sad. If you could do a complete FORWARD kiteloop, I would sit up and take notice. If you can do a COMPLETE 720 deg stomped double kiteloop, I will eat my words, apologise profusely, bend over and let you kick me up the arse with your size 12 boots as many times as you want, and pay you US$5000 for the privilege. My challenge is on the table- it doesn't include any lame half-arsed single back kiteloops with grabs - it is for a COMPLETE double kiteloop. You can do it in Australia if you want - I'll come along and spectate. But better still, do it at the PKRA with video backup.

PS: For those ram riders wanting to claim the cash, ideally the move should be captured on video (at a PKRA event) with a lot of background action (kites, flags, water, people, etc) so as to help dipell any suggestion that the video was doctored.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:40 am 
Very Frequent Poster

just what we thought, more bullshit from PMU...what a surprise!
Please, just ignore him, after this message i will ignore him too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 1:23 am 
Frequent Poster

Pump me up wrote:
Any advanced rider can do a double back loop with a grab and kiteloop.

Toby,
How many of these did you see at the recently held event in Germany? I've never seen one live so I guess we don't have any advanced riders in Sydney or I need to get out more or maybe they just do them during the weekdays while us poor sods are at work :(

[ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next