All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Naish UDS depower question
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 7:53 pm 
Medium Poster

I have the Aero2 10/14/18 and like the kites very much. The last couple of days we had a lot wind and very gusty conditions here in Holland. This made me really think about the UDS system.

I have one big question. Does this new system really give me more depower possibilities or is this just the case if you normally ride fully powered (as the pro's do). I mean if you use the knots closest to the bar and have no real depower possibilities with the chickenloop (besides the strap) anymore.

I normally ride in a setup with the knots the furthest away from the bar (max depower possibilities). In this setup, does UDS give me more depower possibilities/windrange? It seems like the kite flies in a kind of neutral position when having the steeringlines without tension. Does extra slack for the steering lines with UDS give the extra depower which results in less force from the wind on the bar??. Doesn't the kite stay at that moment in that 'neutral' position flying meanly on the frontlines and 'just' give the lines more slack?

Don't get me wrong, I really would like to have that extra depowerrange with the grunty aero2s but was just wondering.

Thnx in advance for your reactions.

Roel

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:23 am 
Rare Poster

Hi

The UDS does give you more range and depowing ability than a standard bar. When you are hit by a gust (I have used it in gusty Maui conditions) you simply sheet right out and the kite takes the gust without yanking you out of the water or onto your arse. The way you ride with a UDS is a little different to the traditional bar, and will take the experienced rider a little time to re-program their riding, but once you have done so, you will love this new system.

I too rider Aero2's and have found them to respond well to the UDS.

New riders will get on this without any problem and then find traditional bars restrictive and awkward!

Rob

[ 2 posts ]