Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

SLINGSHOT..takes the holeshot.....

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

SLINGSHOT..takes the holeshot.....

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 10, 2003 5:43 pm

Okay....Slingshot is way ahead of anyone....in my opinion they waited two years to change anything really (except the 136 and 141 sx models which were good additions)

Whupass knows the technical side of the how the new boards ride.

I am purely talking the construction and design......I think you can get used to riding a stupid piece of plywood if you choose. That is not the funnest way or even a good way to progress.

Slingshot has the holeshot on boards this year

The Slingshot sidewalls are sandable/shaveable so you can tune or contour the rail how you like, the boards are perfectly made. No chinese input. They are Made with quality in mind end of story.

Cobra (surftech style boards) "chinannee" and board works 'cheque' are inferior quality.

The focus is rider driven change and design development.

When you have a pro riding stock boards, you havent reached the best development, it may make for good PR though.

That is why Slingshot has Doyle continually designing. Shaper input, and having a custom board is important for any rider, get one from someone supporting the sport (lewis, doyle, will james' shaper etc.)

Do what you like, but plywood and/or chinese are not the top of the performance curve.

I am just blown away with the Slingshot boards I saw, and will own a few from this years line. You owe it to yourself to check Slingshot 04 out.

Laters

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: SLINGSHOT..takes the holeshot.....

Postby Dwight » Wed Sep 10, 2003 5:50 pm

iknowverylittle wrote: The Slingshot sidewalls are sandable/shaveable so you can tune or contour the rail how you like, the boards are perfectly made.
Laters
FYI, Hana Crew boards have been like that a long time.

theflyingtinman
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby theflyingtinman » Wed Sep 10, 2003 5:53 pm

iknowverylittle wrote:Okay....Slingshot is way ahead of anyone....in my opinion they waited two years to change anything really (except the 136 and 141 sx models which were good additions)

Whupass knows the technical side of the how the new boards ride.

I am purely talking the construction and design......I think you can get used to riding a stupid piece of plywood if you choose. That is not the funnest way or even a good way to progress.

Slingshot has the holeshot on boards this year

The Slingshot sidewalls are sandable/shaveable so you can tune or contour the rail how you like, the boards are perfectly made. No chinese input. They are Made with quality in mind end of story.

Cobra (surftech style boards) "chinannee" and board works 'cheque' are inferior quality.

The focus is rider driven change and design development.

When you have a pro riding stock boards, you havent reached the best development, it may make for good PR though.

That is why Slingshot has Doyle continually designing. Shaper input, and having a custom board is important for any rider, get one from someone supporting the sport (lewis, doyle, will james' shaper etc.)

Do what you like, but plywood and/or chinese are not the top of the performance curve.

I am just blown away with the Slingshot boards I saw, and will own a few from this years line. You owe it to yourself to check Slingshot 04 out.

Laters

That's what I like to see .... good honest, unashamed hype ... not even
pretending to be unbiased opinion. :thumb: :bye:

Steve T.

SlimShaddy
Frequent Poster

Postby SlimShaddy » Wed Sep 10, 2003 7:37 pm

That's what I like to see .... good honest, unashamed hype ... not even
pretending to be unbiased opinion. :thumb: :bye:

Steve T.
I suppose...

Then again, as the saying goes "When in Rome do as the Romans do"

Slim

"One often contradicts an opinion when it is really only the tone in which it has been presented that is unsympathetic." Nietzsche

Return to “Kitesurfing”