All info on Australia, esp. around Perth an Qld, welcome

Forum for kitesurfers
flying doctor
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

All info on Australia, esp. around Perth an Qld, welcome

Postby flying doctor » Sun Dec 21, 2003 11:41 am

Hi there,

I will be visiting Australia from Jan 5th till March 21th, and will be staying in the Perth area the first 2 weeks and the last 2 weeks. Rest of the trip is from Melbourne to Cairns by camper.
I´ve come across a lot of info on kitesurfperth.com and this forum on spots, but still have some questions. Like, which place is nice to surf but also relaxed for my girlfriend and others to stay at the beach, and which winddirections and force dictate the place to be...

Saw an awesome picture of point Walter with the sandbar, looks like heaven, but where is it (I mean point Walter..) can´t find it on the map...
And I´m planning trips down south and up north, so I´m wondering about the possibilities around Coral bay (Exmouth etc.) in the beginning of March.

Trip from Melbourne to Brisbane in Jan/Feb should be heaven as well, but I´m worried about the stingers and lack of wind from Brisbane till Cairns in Feb... will a stinger suit suffice or is it just to dangerous?

Anyway, hope to meet some of you guys out there on the water, because here in Holland with 5 degrees C air and water temp it just aint no fun anymore.... All info is appreciated! :thumb:

CU,

Niels Tinga
Amsterdam, Holland
nielstinga@hotmail.com

Return to “Kitesurfing”