Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Kite Control System - any opinions on that ?

Forum for kitesurfers
Foxi
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 82
Local Beach: Walchensee - the bavarian caribbean ;-)
Favorite Beaches: Lake Walchensee / Bavaria
Lake Garda / Italy
Paracuru / Brazil
Style: RED
Gear: Fanatic Sky Wing 5.6
Duotone Unit 2 6.0 / 4.5
Sabfoil Kraken M93/F703/S486/S425/W945/W999/W1250
Groove Skate
Moses Onda
Ozone Alpha V1
F-One Trax
North Mono & Neos
Brand Affiliation: None

Kite Control System - any opinions on that ?

Postby Foxi » Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:58 pm

Past weeks several news flashes regarding Kite Control System (incl. pics and vids) were posted on http://www.flysurf.com.
It seems to be based on a 5th line, nevertheless the inventor doesn´t like any comparison to it. Should be fitting to most kite brands and option to 2004 Wipikas. My opinion is it uses a fifth line to guide the bar up through a second whole opposite of the depower hole. Haven´t yet understood how depower strap is integrated (if any) ?

All info required on flysurf.com - appreciate your thoughts on this !

aloha

Jürgen

Sake
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Sake » Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:41 am

I'm very eager to test it, but it takes still a couple of weeks before the wipika 2004 stuff comes in overhere. So we'll be able to test it ourselves.

worm
Rare Poster

Postby worm » Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:43 am

Just received our shipment of Wipika kites in the UK. No 5th line system as yet. We've been promised it in March, so I'm gonna assume that the rest of the world will be the same :thumb:

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:18 am

is it a saftey system?

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:17 pm

at the uk boat show yesterday they had it there on a wipika, i think the wipika bar-side execution is terrible, all little bits of plastic and the qr on the chicken loop, god knows what they are trying with that, where's the f-in handle?

the system itself looks fine, but then what do you expect from a piece of string, that splits into two at the top and goes through a hole somewhere.

its a funny old world when just a year ago anybody would have called you an idiot if you said you wanted a fifth line of a kite, all the manufacturers were "oooh too much drag", now they have a system to give to us its all"fifth line saftey is the best".

if you cant relaunch your kite without a safety system get practising. cos i'd hate to do a full wrap with all those lines all over the place.

bullis
Rare Poster

Postby bullis » Sat Jan 10, 2004 4:37 pm

I know that in Windtech kites is allready have available this sustem.
Check the site on:www.windtech.es

HAFA DUDE
Rare Poster

Postby HAFA DUDE » Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:06 pm

I tried it on the black tip 20m it works so good...safety and relaunch :thumb: i was so surprise how easy it was to relaunch and depower ,it didnt effect the steering or depower spining and unspining. :thumb:

worm
Rare Poster

Postby worm » Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:45 pm

sq225917 wrote:at the uk boat show yesterday they had it there on a wipika, i think the wipika bar-side execution is terrible, all little bits of plastic and the qr on the chicken loop, god knows what they are trying with that, where's the f-in handle?

the system itself looks fine, but then what do you expect from a piece of string, that splits into two at the top and goes through a hole somewhere.

its a funny old world when just a year ago anybody would have called you an idiot if you said you wanted a fifth line of a kite, all the manufacturers were "oooh too much drag", now they have a system to give to us its all"fifth line saftey is the best".

if you cant relaunch your kite without a safety system get practising. cos i'd hate to do a full wrap with all those lines all over the place.
You really should find out the facts first.
Wipikas 5th line system will be an aftermarket part that can be added IF YOU WANT.
Wipika has let people make up their own minds on this one. Don't like 5th line myself, but hey some might ! at least some companys are letting us decide for ourselves.
As for not being able to launch without a system, If you can make life easier for yourself why the hell not ?

:bye:
Fly safe

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:06 am

worm: i suspose if standing round talking to the rep, who i know socially anyway, for the best part of a day at the show counts, then i found out the facts. theres nothing i stated that's wrong, i never said anyone had to use it, or even that the kites were coming with the system, and neither did i infer it, so btfo.

jasevinda
Very Frequent Poster

Postby jasevinda » Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:15 am

did you see the F-One punch out and the Gastra twerly sheeting system?

Both looked like they would work.

what dyah think?

Jv...

Return to “Kitesurfing”