All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:18 am 
Very Frequent Poster

How do you keep your hands and feet warm if you're wearing a drysuit?

With a wetsuit, I can pull the cuffs of the sleeves and the legs over my booties and gloves and form a tight seal so that the water doesn't flush the booties and gloves. It feels totally watertight when I first get in the water but I'm sure water slowly seaps in. But with a drysuit, there is no way to seal the booties and gloves with the drysuit. They have to remain separate. So how can you form a good seal for your booties and gloves if you're wearing a drysuit?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:09 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

gonewiththewind wrote:
So how can you form a good seal for your booties and gloves if you're wearing a drysuit?

I some gloves have a double cuff. so I get 4 layers over my wrists. one from gasket on drysuit, then first glove cuff, then cuff of the drysuit, then the larger cuff goes over everything. stays dry for a while till I have my first major wipe out.

for my ankle to slow the water flow, the gasket of the drysuit goes inside the booty, then then cuff of the drysuit goes over the booty. on top of it all I put a strap over it all. The strap is one of those bike things that goes over your pant legs to keep them from getting caught in your chain, picked up at REI

its what works for me

[ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9