All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: My new waterproof mp3 player
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:59 am 
Rare Poster

I am so excited about my new mp3 player that I can use when I kite. It totally adds another level of intensity to my play time. The sound quality is great. If you want to check it out go to http://www.waterproof-mp3-players.com I saved $25 at this site. Enjoy

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Waterproof iPod Shuffle
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:22 am 
Rare Poster

I tried several of these MP3 players and headphones for lap swimming. Got bored and needed the music.

Anyways, all of them sucked because they didn't seal well in the ear and allowed burbling of the water past the ear.

Then I bought the Swimman setup.

FANTASTIC!!!

The earphones are unique in that they use tubes to deliver the sound from some small little drivers. And the cool thing is that they take a normal iPod shuffle, take it apart and waterporrof it so it looks completely normal.

The thing works amazingly and delivers great fidelity while swimming laps.

I'm sure the other untis would work well for kiting but I haven't tried any as I don't want my yard sales to include an MP3 player yet!

If I do use the shuffle though I'm going to adhere some brightly colored foam and a lanyard of Spectra to try to not lose it.

Last edited by flyRobbie on Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:22 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Wow...that is one of the most shameless pimping plugs I have seen in a while.

I can save $25? No shit? Wow! Good thing you posted this!!! $125 for a 256MB MP3 player? What a joke. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:07 pm 
Medium Poster

Man, this is an awful post. So i better let you know what really works purely from a non pimping point of view.

i have one of these

http://www.freestyleaudio.com/buy.php

its half the price of the above stuff. i have had it a year and still going strong. Awesome bit of kit.

Don't bother with the ear pieces though (for all these things).

All you need is inner ear ear buds heaadphones (£5 on ebay) and then use blutack to secure them firmly in the ear. Followed by 2" by 2" piece of brown masking tape pieces to seal off the ear completely.

No surfers ear any more and clear sound as loud as u like to boot.

And yes, you can still hear people around you even with the music remaining on.

If you don't want the music on stop it and u still have good protection from surfers ear (not to be underestimated).

Cheers.

P.S. It took me a year to finally work out what works best by the way aquapacs included. Here's a link for the type of earphone that works best

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OMEGA-STEREO-EARP ... dZViewItem

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:13 pm 
Rare Poster

That Freestyle audio unit mentioned by docuk looks great for kiting. Thanks for the tip on the best headphones too.

I think I'll order that setup for kiting. The Swimman unit is the best I've found for swimming laps because of the tube type headphones but it is ridiculously expensive. And like I said, I don't want to lose it after wiping out kiteboarding.

I tried this unit by Oregon Scientific and it worked fine except the headphones sucked.

What is blue tack?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:49 pm 
Medium Poster

Blutak is just putty bud (used to adhere A4 paper to walls).

Perhaps, i was a bit hard on teh original psoter. Perhaps he really is genuinely stoked with a 10% discount. Cheers.

[ 6 posts ]