Forum for kitesurfers
Still Here
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Best Kiteboarding and Real Kiteboarding in Bed

Postby Still Here » Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:25 pm

Hmmm....view Real Kiteboarding's ad on pg. 25 of the new Kiteboarding
magazine and you will see Best's logo included in the list of brands Real sells? This is strange since Best says they are only selling online via their site. The whole BEST thing is beginning to stink!

Support the brands that got you where you are and the dealers/shops that helped out. Brands with 3-4 years of R&D ahead of BEST are still a much better deal and there are so many 2003 kites selling at much better
prices anyway.

Later...

DangerousDave
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby DangerousDave » Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:43 pm

Hurray more bullshit talk about best.

I have not even had one lesson, nore made one post on this board, and already i'm sick of this whole best business. Seriously.. :roll:

All this rumor mongering is doing nothing but put them in the limelight even more. If you dont f@#king like them, shut up about them.

Ajaxcomet
Rare Poster

Postby Ajaxcomet » Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:47 pm

DangerousDave wrote:Hurray more bullshit talk about best.

I have not even had one lesson, nore made one post on this board, and already i'm sick of this whole best business. Seriously.. :roll:

All this rumor mongering is doing nothing but put them in the limelight even more. If you dont f@#king like them, shut up about them.

Then you are really not in a position to talk about it then, are you! No one has ever tried this business model, It might be a good thing.

KiteVol
Frequent Poster

Postby KiteVol » Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:19 pm

Not so sure if Real is in bed w/ Best. :?: ..I know that they are affiliated w/ Flexi but do carry many other brands..

KV

oceanplay
Very Frequent Poster

Postby oceanplay » Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:13 pm

the more shit you talk the more advertisment they get keep it up :thumb: just what they want if you run a good shop and sell good prducts you have no problem if you suck you will. talk is cheap your making me want to buy the best kites even more. they really must smile when they see you bitchen makes us all think you shops have been screwing us all the time. i can't wait to see what they have after all this talk.

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:43 pm

i would imagine that there is enough money is bests margins to give a little for the dealer service that the biggest retailer in the US can provide.

if best kites allow people to buy from real and enter the market then real might figure that they are going to buy accesories and other stuff from them as well. so even if best are only giving them $50 per sale, real stand to make more money from the continued expansion of the sport.

everyone wins.
except you guys with the crowded beaches....

maui
Medium Poster

Postby maui » Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:04 pm

Hopefully they are having sex--best has all the chicks lined up so somenoe has got to do the honors!!!!

DangerousDave
Rare Poster

Postby DangerousDave » Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:42 am

Ajaxcomet wrote:
DangerousDave wrote:Hurray more bullshit talk about best.

Then you are really not in a position to talk about it then, are you! No one has ever tried this business model, It might be a good thing.
Did you read my post? I'm not talking about the business model or kites, I'm talking about the hype. all this bullshit rumormongering etc. Anyway - replying to this thread was contradictory to what I was saying so I'll shut up now.

btw When i said "best business" i should have maybe said "best sewing circle crap". I dont mean the business itself.

simonb
Rare Poster

Postby simonb » Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:27 pm

I have got good amount of kit from Real and I have found them to be soild guys they carry a lot of different kit which is all rider tested. The reason they are stocking Best is because he might be friends with Trip and Matt I am guessing this as Real also import Jimmy boards and Jimmy and is friends with Mr.S.Best but none of this is fact just guess work. The guys at Real can answer if they want. I am only pimping for them as I think it is a great store and if a Best kites are as good as the hype why not try before you buy

Return to “Kitesurfing”