Kiting since: 2000
Gear: Ozone, ASP, Levitaz
Brand Affiliation: Customer.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

kitechat is slooooooooow and annoying?

Postby doofus » Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:39 am

Hi all,

I was on the kitechat earlier today with 4 others but found it to be very very slow, even slower than normal. It's so slow it's too frustrating to use. Am I the only one that thinks this? I'm on dialup here and on sdsl at work but it makes no difference. Any chance of an upgrade for the chat thing to something faster?

Otherwise :thumb: kiteforum :thumb:

doof
:bye:

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:02 am

I don't think it is that slow. ICQ is faster for sure, but remember allthis is on a tight budget here. I will have a different server, which is faster, hopefully that changes something.
But for the next update I will look for something different and hopefully better, we will see.

phatfil
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby phatfil » Wed Feb 04, 2004 12:11 pm

anyone up for registering an IRC channel? (similar to the chat thing you have here, but not webbased, so much much faster)
I'm always on austnet, so if anyone wants, i'll hang about in #kitechat on au.austnet.org and see if anyone turns up.
(for those that don't know about irc - you need a client such as mIRC - downloadable at http://www.mirc.com - then select an austnet server to join, and join the channel "#kitechat", my nick there is "agrajag")

Return to “Kitesurfing”