Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

North homepage is updated! some questions about the vegas!

Forum for kitesurfers
goshen
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby goshen » Sat Feb 21, 2004 2:51 am

Dwight wrote: I think both kites (R4 and Vegas) will appeal to a wide range of tastes. They got it right this time. I think the one thing that may make the Vegas stand out among mid-aspect kites, is its ability to challenge high aspect kites in jumping performance.
I'm 60kg, and gotta say that I love the 10 and 14 Vegas Kite!

However, my instructor (collegue) is over 100kg, and while he loved his R2's, he hasn't been liking his R4's at all - says they've just go no power, and he feels a bit betrayed by North, and is now thinking of getting rid of his whole North quiver - what is the best GRUNTY kite (currenty model) on the market today?

So in the end, North have reduced the grunt of the R4, but then also brought out a kite that is ideal to the lighter riders?? Go figure...

Goshen

Blowing in the Wind
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Blowing in the Wind » Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:28 am

I have a friend that lives in Oahu and has flown many of the new kites. He has flown the Fuels and V4s. His quiver has been R2s. He weighs about 155 lbs or so. He recently flew the R4 and Vegas. He said the Vegas was the best of all of them. He likes a kite with some grunt after riding the R2s. He liked the R4 but prefered the overall freestyle feel of the Vegas. He also went out on the Vegas and jumped highest of all kites he tested. He did say that it is a lot like the new Fuels but with more lift and hang.

I have ridden the 12m vegas myself and it is really nice. I currently have a quiver of R4s and love them. The Vegas does have a very smooth chicken loop stroke and sites forward in the window. It does have a bit more grunt than the R4 and better low end.

Return to “Kitesurfing”