jenxx
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

BEST GIRLS at south padre

Postby jenxx » Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:50 pm

yo

just got drove back from the rodeo and saw some new poster (eepto) say that all the reps were pissed about the best banner fly over BULLSHIT!!!

i was standing between Liquid Force, north and the Cabrena crew and all i saw was them on the ground trying not to spill there red bull. didn't see it but heard bucky had red bull runningout his nose he was laughing so hard.

lightwave Dave was laughing so hard he almost fell over his kites .

the only thing they were mad about was NO BEST GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!

a best girl jumping out of the plane onto the beach ya, into my arms ya.
sorry just a dream.

so all the reps for best kites can keep the bullshit of the forum about every rep was pissed off . and i don't work for any kite company but i do own a small kite shop and i think that bests kites will help the kite biz.

i was the one that drove 15 hours 1 way with a 16' cat in tow and got to kiteboard only 30 min.( no wind) and still had a good time

the fly over was cool but i was hoping to see a non-rep with a best kite

Freddy B
Frequent Poster

Postby Freddy B » Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:38 pm

Thanks jenxx,

It is nice to hear an informed and unbiased opinion. You can really see how negative the advertising has gotten. I can't wait to try a Best kite this week just because I love trying every peice of equipment available, but I am getting more disenchanted with all of the negative hype and misleading info being thrown out on this forum.

Most of the people at my local area don't even give a damn about best or the other companies. A lot of this hype has just been developed in this forum which is usually used as a way to vent our agravation that we are at work, it is still winter, or just because there is not enough wind.
Last edited by Freddy B on Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dax
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dax » Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:07 pm

DanK wrote:A lot of this hype has just been developed in this forum which is usually used as a way to vent our agravation that we are at work, it is still winter, or just because there is not enough wind.
DanK - for once I agree with you, I think I am going to make my signature block say "I'd rather be kiteboarding." Which is the way I feel about being here. I'd rather be kiteboardng, but this is the closest thing to it I can do while its still offseason.

The second you hit the water every single care you had about kite company politics disappears. The longer you've gone with out kiting, the more likely you are to rage on the forums. Its a scientific fact! :wink:

Freddy B
Frequent Poster

Postby Freddy B » Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:27 pm

dax,

you remember those threads about kite addiction? this forum is a lot like nicorette. It just quells the cravings for a bit!

Kiteboarddog
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kiteboarddog » Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:23 am

Jenxx,
Good to meet you in Padre
Strange when you meet someone on the Forum first then meet them in some kitboarding location later.
I bumped into a couple other KiteForum guys down there also.
I got a few rides in over the weekend with my 25m kite.
Sunday we ran over to Holy beach (other side of the lagoona madre) on the way home and got one last ride in.
Hope for more wind at the Velocity games in late May.
We would love to see that kiteboat in action
Joel

Sharky
Medium Poster

Re: BEST GIRLS at south padre

Postby Sharky » Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:49 am

jenxx wrote:yo

just got drove back from the rodeo and saw some new poster (eepto) say that all the reps were pissed about the best banner fly over BULLSHIT!!!

i was standing between Liquid Force, north and the Cabrena crew and all i saw was them on the ground trying not to spill there red bull. didn't see it but heard bucky had red bull runningout his nose he was laughing so hard.

lightwave Dave was laughing so hard he almost fell over his kites .

the only thing they were mad about was NO BEST GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!

a best girl jumping out of the plane onto the beach ya, into my arms ya.
sorry just a dream.

so all the reps for best kites can keep the bullshit of the forum about every rep was pissed off . and i don't work for any kite company but i do own a small kite shop and i think that bests kites will help the kite biz.

i was the one that drove 15 hours 1 way with a 16' cat in tow and got to kiteboard only 30 min.( no wind) and still had a good time

the fly over was cool but i was hoping to see a non-rep with a best kite
Jenxx,

you have the greatest attitude towards Best for being a shop owner.
When i started looking into Best, I was basically kicked out of my local store, now i refuse to go back to them.

Good on you mate!

eepto
Rare Poster

Postby eepto » Thu Feb 26, 2004 7:12 am

Hey,
No one was laughing when I got there. I got there after the first fly over. When I got there everyone looked pretty pissed. I certainly didn't see anyone laughing after the second fly over. I saw interested kiteboarders asking about 50% savings, though.

jenxx
Medium Poster

Postby jenxx » Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:27 am

yo

eepto got a to ask you who was selling boards???

Manufactures rep don't sell to the public . the local shops didn't have booths set up . so who was selling you a deck?

anyway the only ones i saw that were mad was a few of the organizers. a few reps were shaking there heads but they had a smile on there faces. it was a cool flyover and all of them knew it.

Return to “Kitesurfing”