Concave boards for lightwind?

Forum for kitesurfers
hawaiikiter
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Concave boards for lightwind?

Postby hawaiikiter » Sat Feb 28, 2004 12:14 am

why are concave boars for lightwind? concave increases grip so they could as well be for higher wind right?

that concaves is for lightwind is not a fact, just something i heard, doesnt sound very logic though...!?

ed257
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Concave boards for lightwind?

Postby ed257 » Sun Feb 29, 2004 4:28 am

hawaiikiter wrote:why are concave boars for lightwind? concave increases grip so they could as well be for higher wind right?

that concaves is for lightwind is not a fact, just something i heard, doesnt sound very logic though...!?
From what I have heard boards with lots of concave redirect the water flow thereby creating a lot of lift which should improve light-wind performance. I just made one and will let you know if it's true. It is the same size and weight as another board I made except one is almost flat and the new one is extremely concave.

Eduardo

harks98
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby harks98 » Sun Feb 29, 2004 5:39 am

also, a concave board would have a larger surface area compared to a board with a flat bottom. Surf boards have been using concaves for years and most standard boards these days have a single through the middle with a double through the tail area.

Return to “Kitesurfing”