who has tried the Liquid Force Tension or Spectrum kite

Forum for kitesurfers
martyroy
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

who has tried the Liquid Force Tension or Spectrum kite

Postby martyroy » Sat Feb 28, 2004 2:42 am

Iam interested in learning more about the liquid force tension and Spectrum kites mostly the bigger sizes.
Thanks in advance Marty
Wpg. Canada :bye:

seedless
Rare Poster

Postby seedless » Sat Feb 28, 2004 3:19 am

I have the 16.5 tension and I like it. Its well made, flys fast and high in the window, and has plenty of power. My other kites are slingshots 12,14, and 19. Its a little higher aspect but I dont feel I have to make any adjustments when I ride it. You can find some really good deals on these kites, I got mine complete for 455.00 us on ebay. I could'nt pass it up.
I was a little worried though that it would suck but it does'nt, Ive been riding now for four years and I can assure you its a good kite..

http://www.liquidforcekite.com/index2.htm

kiteman ks
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby kiteman ks » Sat Feb 28, 2004 4:51 am

I totally agree.

ZenWind
Frequent Poster

Postby ZenWind » Sat Feb 28, 2004 7:34 am

I would agree that the LF Tension is a good strong kite that can take a lot of abuse. I would not however describe it as a "fast" kite at all. Maybe it is just in comparison to the kites that I have flown, but I would not rate the Tension as a fast kite. I would also not say it is a slow kite either, but it lands somewhere in the middle of those extremes for me. The Tension is one of the strongest kites out there. I have seen them take numerous poundings in the surf and come out unscaved. The new 2004 Caution Spitfire kites have taken a step up in performance over the Tension and are much more responsive. The 2003 LF Tension and 2003 Cautions were the same kite just different logos. For 2004 the LF and Caution Spitfire are two totally different kites.

conway
Medium Poster

Postby conway » Sat Feb 28, 2004 12:19 pm

A few guys fly the tension around here and I have ridden the 12 and 16.5.
Both very grunty smooth kites but the 16.5 is very heavy on the bar and IMO a bit of a dog. The 12 is an awesome kite - good allround.

lutchi
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby lutchi » Sun Feb 29, 2004 1:57 am

I ride the Tension 12,5 and 16,5 the 16,5 it's superb for light winds it have power enough to keep te kite just flying and pull you smoothly.
the 12,5 it's superb for high jumps and hang time.

The tension were in did designed by the same designer of the caution's but the kites are a little diferent even in sises the most obvious.

The Spectrum kite at least the 12 that was the one I had the oppurtunity to demo were very fast a lot different from the last year one's I think they are great a fine construction a mix of heavy and light material I've notice that they are dam fast... but just go and test him

Return to “Kitesurfing”