Forum for kitesurfers
qtybry
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

gaastra gxr or gk lift2

Postby qtybry » Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:03 pm

which kite is better and which one will you get? thanx!!!

warssie
Medium Poster

Postby warssie » Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:36 pm

I heard the GXR had some mistakes in the design, if true, go for the GK's of not true, go for GK too :lol: :wink:
If the Stealth is the GXR's replacement compare those 2 kites.

All I can say is that I love my Lift a LOT, haven't tried the GXR, I saw it once on my local spot but it looked rinkeled and not very stabel(fell a couple a times). Maybe it was the rider, maybe not :-?

Greetzz
Sam

kitester
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kitester » Wed Mar 10, 2004 6:23 am

go with the Airush Lift...it rocks!

d0dja
Rare Poster

Postby d0dja » Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:01 pm

I have Globerider kites (GK Lift 8.8 and 17.3) which I dig. Not as fancy design or features as some othert, but the kites rock -- very fast, turn fast and relaunch easily (great for waves), pull hard, jump high.

I bought the new Gaastra GXR 12 ... had to get it replaced under warranty because of a severe rocking/jellyifishing problem. After a bit of mission with local agent, got it replaced. New one did not have the problem, but I still didn't like it. Turns very sluggishly, overpowers badly if you're going fast (you have to stand almost right on the rail and pull as hard as you can to slow it down -- not fun if you're in waves or heading towards another rider). Sold it and bought a Globerider Lift 11.5. I'm now happy again.

GXR pulls like hell -- very grunty, but I recon too much -- it tries to act like a 14 rather than a 12. Prefer a ktie that acts its age :)

Big floaty jumps, nice construction and features (spinnig leash, etc)

~R

sandyisland
Medium Poster

Postby sandyisland » Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:45 pm

I just got a new Globerider Lift, and it rocks.. speed generates lift and this kite has lots O lift.
Coming off of flying C02's I am real happy with the Lifts performance and range.

Stefan
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ft. Stevens, Newport, The Gorge
Favorite Beaches: Ft Stevens, Florence
Style: Wave, Foil
Gear: North Mono's, LP Foils, North Pacific Customs

Postby Stefan » Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:00 pm

Qtybry, I would wait for the Stealth-if you decide to go Gaastra. I've spoken to several people who have flown it and everyone say's its a awesome kite. Biggest difference from 03 GXR is it's stability in "bumpy" wind and turning speed(pivots better). There are a lot of great kites out there so I think what you have to go for is feel. Gaastras fly really light, generate board speed at the lower end of the wind range and move forward through the wind really fast. They fly "easy" compared to other high aspect kites. (that's not a knock on other brands). With the Stealth the've improved the high end range and turning speed so kite loops and technical moves will be easier. Good Luck :thumb:

xray
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Mauritius
Style: Freeride/wave
Gear: Pivot 5-8

Postby xray » Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:02 pm

Can't wait to get my hands on my Stealths. As Stefan said reports are this is an awesome kite!

Return to “Kitesurfing”