Where are all the groms??

Forum for kitesurfers
Jordanis3r
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Jordanis3r » Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:23 pm

all the little gits are doin handle passes down at my local cable tow on wakeboards .... lots of em there ...........................

justoon
Medium Poster

Postby justoon » Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:40 pm

Its amazing how many people have been to our little neck of the woods hardcave but box jellies havent seen one of them for a while.Got a freeride comp up here over easter so all the groms can see and learn what other people are doin.Should be fairly big its under CQ freeride comp in the events thread.The more exposure these guys get from riders from other places the more things they pick up.Oh to be ten years younger and without football injuries.

Sharky
Medium Poster

Postby Sharky » Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:13 pm

gottmoore wrote:So you 2 are the "ambasadors" who are writing SMAK
all over the boardwalk?

KEEP YOUR ATTITUDE TO YOURSELF>
IT SUCKS
ATTITUDE! yeah right buddy. I'm not the one with the attitude here.

why don't you tell me who you are??

Rogue Wave
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Wasaga Beach Ontario Canada
Style: None
Brand Affiliation: Rogue Wave Custom and Jimmy Lewis boards.
www.roguewaveboards.com
www.jimmylewis.ca

Postby Rogue Wave » Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:00 pm

Rogue Wave will be developing some kid's boards this summer -- thin, lightweight, and designed specifically for younger riders.

I have two children (9 and 11) who are anxious to learn, so I'm motivated to design boards that they can control with ease.

yoursistersman
Medium Poster

Postby yoursistersman » Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:59 am

18 so i guess im still sort of a grom, just stoked i can buy my own ciggarettes. kiting for about a year now.i got a couple of my friends to start kiting so now we got a nice little crew at my local spot, we actually dont have many older guys kiting with us, we pretty much got our spot on lockdown. besides older kiters tend to be assholes to us around here (unless theyre reps and then theyre trying to sell us their dumb shit) so we try to stay away from them. you know how we do it in the FLA.''florida shaped like a gun, quick to smoke ya.'' watch your gear carefully bitches, desperate times call for desperate measures.....

TomahawkGert
Rare Poster

Postby TomahawkGert » Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:48 am

Hi, we produce custom Kiteboards for Kids. As long as your under 16 you get it at half price.We do this for more than a year now,to keep the kost
for the Kids or there parents low, and get kids in the sport.
A custom is nearly the only way to find a board for a 11-15 year old that realy works for there weight and size.
Gert
http://www.twintail.de

sgt. Salty
Frequent Poster

Postby sgt. Salty » Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:13 pm

naish and gaastra also have kids as team-riders!

justoon
Medium Poster

Postby justoon » Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:14 pm

Sgt salty most of the big companies are bringing through juniors, well not so much juniors as accomplished young riders.Just like any sporting team blooding new players the big companies are always on the lookout for the next Wainman/Tobias/Phillipe.Sharky nice to hear that you help the new guys in your area, it is alwasys easier when someone says hello and offers to talk about the sport/area ect.Always nice to have someone help you put up as well.My point is that unless we have juniors in this sport then it will go the same ways as sailboarding in Oz and die,And I for one dont want to be out on the water in 5yrs time being descibed as the silly old bastard trying to hold onto a fad that died out as quickly as it started.

Return to “Kitesurfing”