Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

monkey 15m

Forum for kitesurfers
max
Very Frequent Poster

monkey 15m

Postby max » Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:32 am

today we had about 15 knots gusting to 20 or so....i was happy using a 12 X2...85kg on 136x38 board..

a friend had just got his monkey 15 and was using it....i was amazed that he seemed not to be having any problems...kite seemed to be behaving well...in fact he looked like he needed more wind...

when i came in, he was really at me about having a go....see what i thought....i must say i was skeptical....after all...its just a monkey kite...

i think the wind backed off a little ...14-18....and probably closer to 12-15 by the end of the 1 hr session on it...i went from not wanting a ride to having a good time...hence the 1 hour later bit...

the kite flew well....rather a gentle giant (15 V'S 12)...absorbed the gusts well...powered smoothly in the gusts, and as it flew through the window...

... i believe it hungered for more wind on the setting he had it on...

he had said the kite was slow and heavy on the bar (a 45cm off his 11.5 globerider)....i found it to be a good turner (set on the fast settings), again smooth and tight turning....easy as to downturn, even loop through a spin......some bar pressure there but it was easy to tell where the kite was......

jumping....seemed to have some hang and lifted easily but lacked the solid uplift on this day....it felt like it wanted more wind to pop a big jump...

all in all...i hate trying other people's gear when it's not set up the way i like it....however, this kite was very easy to sail and have fun with...not to sound like a Best kite reviewer....but it did inspire confidence in that it behaved so well.....and did not feel like it would smack you hard if you stuffed up...

construction is solid...LE is not small as in some others....should be ok to waterstart....looks like a medium aspect kite and seems to behave like one...

good work selena...and if you've made it this far....apologies for the essay...

Mario

Return to “Kitesurfing”