HB Legion
Wings:Zeeko Carve
HB Flair/Guide...
Brand Affiliation: GK enthusiast / Zeeko & HB Pimp

Re: Sick wave video

Postby bragnouff » Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:36 am

Dax wrote:This move by itself justifies the purchase of the Slingshot video:

http://k9.dv8.org/~dax/kite/Julien_Sudrat_Wave.WMV
Please note that this footage from the WaveMasters in Cabo Verde was already part of the Stance DVD Mag #15 which is also cheaper and longer than the Slingshot video...

That could justifiy the purchase of this Stance DVD too...

:thumb: available here for South Pacific:
http://portnawake.com/stance/

Dax
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Dax » Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:07 am

Stance video = 90 minutes, nice... my biggest gripe of the Tronolone videos (Slingshot included) is that they are too damn short. $30 bucks is too much for a 30 minute video! Also the non-kiting antics are just annoying.

My favorite video by far so far is Ten4, which clocks in at over 70 minutes. Haven't seen Stance yet, but I might have to pick it up... :thumb:

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 75kg
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Favorite Beaches: There is a reason I live in Lennox Head.
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V7, 10/14 Enduro v4, Zephyr V7, Edge V12 10M, Alpha V2 8/14M, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" couple of custom Blacksheep surfboards Mystic Stealth harness and stealth rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisFoils, Armstrong, Core, Cabrinha, Slingshot, North

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:26 am

Dax wrote:Stance video = 90 minutes, nice... my biggest gripe of the Tronolone videos (Slingshot included) is that they are too damn short. $30 bucks is too much for a 30 minute video! Also the non-kiting antics are just annoying.

My favorite video by far so far is Ten4, which clocks in at over 70 minutes. Haven't seen Stance yet, but I might have to pick it up... :thumb:
I've seen the stance DVD, it is OK, nowhere near the standard of Ten4, and even though Tronolone make short DVD's I still like Space Monkeys a lot.
The Stance DVD has a lot of footage of the F-One team (great kites and boards), but it gets a bit repetitive, there are some great locations, and nice videography. There is a lot of no wind/after wind stuff too, none of which is particularly entertaining. Thats the problem with too much non kiting stuff, its not about kting and it gets boring really fast when you watch your DVD's lots of times like we do!
The Stance DVD has the longest and incredibly HIGHEST snowkiting jump
I have ever seen, PMU should watch it is done with a foil, an Ozone Frenzy I think?
There is a bit of footage from the New Cal KPWT event, including an interview with Beck Nicholson.
Approx 90mins, it is well worth the low asking price. I was sent mine for free, I do not sell them, and I do not know where you can buy them in Oz, but I'm sure you can order one online from the Stance website.

terminalveloce
Medium Poster

Postby terminalveloce » Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:49 am

Lip smacking with yer bollocks! Smoooooth.

2 feet lower would've been much more amusing...

Andres_Santacruz
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: All Mexico: Laguna de Tecocomulco, Hidalgo. Acapulco, Guerrero. Boca del Rio, Veracruz.
Favorite Beaches: Progreso, Yucatan. El Revolcadero, Acapulco, Guerrero. La Ventana, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Ilho do Guajiru, Ceara, Brazil.
Style: Big Air and waves and freestyle.
Gear: Ozone Kites: Reo V3 8m, Edge V9 8m, C4 2015 10m, Edge V9 13m, Chrono V3 15m, Ozone Zephyr V5 17m. Core XR5 10m.
Boards: Fone Acid 132 2016, ASP NZ Stealth Custom 135, Axis Limited 140 2018, Axis Ultra 144 2015,Axis New Wave 5'8" Surf, Fone Mitu 5'4 2017 Surf, Camet Custom 139 Foilboard and Alpine Foil Access V3 Foil, Naish Alaia Strapless
Brand Affiliation: I sell Ozone,Core,Slingshot,Naish,F-ONE,Crazy Fly,Axis,Mystic,Manera,Pro-Limit & Dakine.

Postby Andres_Santacruz » Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:48 am

:o his balls must have been at the height of his adam's apple and tonsils!!! :o :o :o

hawaiikiter
Frequent Poster

Postby hawaiikiter » Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:28 pm

fdgsfg!

Elia
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Elia » Mon Apr 05, 2004 7:29 am

All I think about when I see a vid like this is I'm glad I don't paddle through stuff like that. Great shot.

Return to “Kitesurfing”