Forum for kitesurfers
Oleg
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Cabarete?

Postby Oleg » Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:49 pm

I have student, who want to spend several days in DR.
Can you recommend something? Hotel, place, maybe with shallow, flat water and rescue services?
Is 16 and 13.5 good size for this season?
We will be in Cabarete from Apr 30 to ….will see.
Thanks
Last edited by Oleg on Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kitefrog
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lancing, UK
Gear: Lost Cause 130, LCB Skimboard, Airush flow sle 7m, DNA 9m, Vapor prototype 12m

Postby kitefrog » Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:11 pm

Hmmm,

That's funny. If you want Flat or swallow water, then you won't find it in Cabarete. Recue service....forget about it. The best I was a boat used for was goofing around: towing a 25m Gaastra like a para-glider in marginal wind.

You'll have fun though, David

edosan
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Puclaro (Chile)
Favorite Beaches: Puclaro (Chile), Paracuru (Brazil)
Style: No Style, I Suck! :D
Gear: Liquid Force
Brand Affiliation: Liquid Force

Postby edosan » Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:41 pm

Cabarete is a great place...the water is choppy this time a year...Hotels you have lots!...from US20 to US100 for the date you will not have any problem to get rooms.

Forget about rescue service!...
Take a look to this web:
http://www.cabaretekiteboarding.com

marina
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Central Coast, California
Favorite Beaches: Central Coast, California
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
Ventana, Mexico
Oregon Coast
Baja Pacific Side
Peru
Style: waves, jumping and wiggling
Gear: mixed
Brand Affiliation: mixed

Postby marina » Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:29 pm

Kitexcite has a rescue boat, teaches with radio helmets and offers kiteboard towing for those with no board experience/board planing challenges. We also offer option of training from the boat so that 100% of your time is spent on the water, instead of 1/3 to 1/2 walking back upwind to practice again. All our instructors are IKO or comparable organization certified and we have all the newest gear i.e. latest in safety and performance for beginners to advanced riders. Part of our service is matching people to the lodging that will suit their budget, lifestyle and travelig partners best. Contact me if you would like more info:-)

RE: rescue on Kite Beach, we don't use jet ski's because we have a hard time getting parts and service. One has to go to Santo Domingo 3.5 hours away which is just a big hassle. We have a 6 person RIB with a 30hp engine and will use it to rescue people in emergency situations, when the wind dies, or goes offshore, as long as the swell isn't huge. Rules on Kite Beach state that no rescue is available in these type of conditions. If the boat isn't out, it can easily be put together in about 7 minutes. We don't rescue people just because they crash, can't relaunch or whatever. This is part of the learning curve of kiting and the current/wind direction almost always carries downed kiters to the end of the bay.

Oleg
Frequent Poster

Postby Oleg » Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:57 pm

Thanks for reply!
Now I have all information. :thumb:

PS : Marina, I will contact you , as soon as we arrive in DR.( 30 Apr)

Return to “Kitesurfing”