Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Felix Pivec can't ride waves

forum for kitesurfers

Fudge

Felix Pivec can't ride waves

Postby Fudge » Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:21 pm

What's the big fuss about Felix's wave-riding?

The guy CANNOT ride waves.

I have never seen Felix ride a wave properly. His "style" consists of going down the line at mach speed doing long drawn-out squiggles with his board. He is essentially being dragged across the waveface by his KITE while doing lame heelside to toeside transitions on his WAKEBOARD.

Waveriding as a style has its roots in surfing. Felix's mach speed wave squiggles look NOTHING like surfing and as a style look SHITHOUSE.

The best wave riders harness the power of the wave and ride it like a surfer would... tight snappy turns, cut backs, as vertically up and down the wave face as possible.

If you want to check out good quality wave riding, check out one of the better known MUTANT riders like Mark Shinn or Robby Naish riding a wave with their kite.

jason_ssr
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby jason_ssr » Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:49 pm

Neither can most the people in the world, do they all get their own post?

sid5150
Very Frequent Poster

Postby sid5150 » Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:08 am

Only if they don't live up to their hype, I guess.

If my sponsors* touted me as Sid, The Czar of Wave Riding, fudge would probably write things like:

"What is this crap about Sid being a wave riding czar!?! 'Czar' is barely even a word!!!
Besides, he rides waves like a guy with lots of extra chomosomes! I've seen people have more success with licking their elbow - And look better doing it!"

And fudge would be right.

Fudge is just making sure that people don't fly away if too much smoke is being blown up their @ss.

Ben Aflleck wishes he knew someone like fudge before making 'Gigli'

Sid sends

* Sid is proudly sponsored by Sid & Sid's Job!

Kite Scarecrow
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Felix Pivec can't ride waves

Postby Kite Scarecrow » Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:35 am

Fudge wrote:What's the big fuss about Felix's wave-riding?
I dunno, but I am sure you will enlighten us.
Fudge wrote: Waveriding as a style has its roots in surfing. Felix's mach speed wave squiggles look NOTHING like surfing and as a style look SHITHOUSE..
If he wanted to surf, I think he would have purchased a surf board and left the expensive kite and the like at the house. KB'ng has its own specific style, and that is more dependant on what the hell the rider wants to do. This is really not in defence of Felix, What's more is I dont think he actually cares about this thread. (as if it actually made a difference).
fudge wrote: The best wave riders harness the power of the wave and ride it like a surfer would... tight snappy turns, cut backs, as vertically up and down the wave face as possible.
you have watched AWAKE too many times. Time to invest in a new dvd.

Signed, Ian (ichorne)

Ramo
Medium Poster

Postby Ramo » Sat Apr 24, 2004 5:22 am

[quote="sid5150"] I've seen people have more success with licking their elbow - [/i]

Am I the only one that just tried to lick their elbow! :lol:

justinob
Rare Poster

Postby justinob » Sat Apr 24, 2004 7:57 am

Fudge your a fucking twat!!! felix is a freind of mine, and trust me he can ride waves!!, he tore Durban apart at KPWT event and it wasnt small!! who the f*** are you to judge him, we dont see you in the magazines!! fuckwit!!

Shaun
Rare Poster

Postby Shaun » Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:04 am

Fudge,

Style is always subjective. I kited in last years South African leg of the Wave Masters event that Felix won, and he certainly deserved to be right up there.
The conditions were pretty insane with 10ft heavily breaking surf and 30kt winds for 4 days in a row. Some of the other competetors were reknown surfers who have turned to kiting and sure have a surfy style.

Felix's style at the time was to bottom turn in front of the wave and then smash the lip with a heelside carve throwing lots of spray and sometimes getting some decent aerial re-entries out of this, and yes, he was fast.
He would do this time and time again whether it was a 10ft+ set or less.

I personally agree that there may be more stylish ways to ride waves, but to say that he can't ride? His style is agressive and ceratinly does look spectacular to those on the beach and in a comp, I guess this is what counts.

He's also just placed second at the recent Wave Masters event in France against guys with surfy styles, so maybe the judges do like his style?

I have no afiliation to him or the products he rides.

bungo
Rare Poster

Postby bungo » Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:34 am

Fudge you are a fuckwit!lets see some great pics of yourself in the waves tosser.

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:01 am

Fudge is entitled to his opinion. I'm sure Felix won't get offended by Fudge's comments.

R
Medium Poster

Postby R » Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:57 am

Felix is second only to Adam Koch in wave riding.

Felix is second only to Lou Wainman for speed.

All my opinion from what I've seen in person.

Don't knock a champion.

Don't know the guy personally but even if he's a total ass muncher the guy rips on a board.

Fudge, stick to your Slingshot bashing.

Return to “Kitesurfing”