Forum for kitesurfers
WILCO
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby WILCO » Tue May 11, 2004 11:57 am

Hey Wilco,

Did Best ever reply about the Heel Loops?

I just checked mine out and they will barely stretch from one screw to the other. There is no way in hell my feet are gonna fit in there! I have some ancient wakeboard sandals with heel loops from waaaaaay back and those heel loops are nearly twice as long!

I'll send Best an e-mail with some pictures as soon as I can.
Yep they told me there wasn't any problem with theirs. What i do know is that mine didn't work...when i showed the pic's (of the broken one) they offered me $20 SHOP credit, which is fair i guess. (however i payed 20 € in total for them/ with added taxes and all / which is more than that / and if i buy something from the 20$ i have to order OVER 199$ and than also have to pay taxes here/ so i guess i wont have all my money back - that's one of the risks buying overseas i guess)

Stangely though the best heel loops has disappeared from the site, and i thought they were perfect :D ?
Try this to loosen them up: Mount them then stretch the hell out of them, this made my straps less tight and lt does appear that they are going to work. I did notice that after I stretched them they went from black in color to grey/white, I hope I did not stretch them too much.
I tried with the "best" heel loops, but one stretched for only 1 cm or so, and was still too tight, and this is what happened to the other one: :o

So i won't recommend doing that, they are just too tight (at least mine are)..and the grey/white color is an indication of fatigue of the rubber it can easily tear if pulled further...

montanakitesports
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby montanakitesports » Tue May 11, 2004 4:22 pm

I had a box of old school heel loops for wakeboard/ skurfers that I modified for my boards...they work very well...surgical tubing and a tubular foam rubber heel pad. I will post a pic this afternoon. I think they could be duplicated very easily.

Keith
http://www.montanakitesoprts.com

Return to “Kitesurfing”