Forum for kitesurfers
frenchkitemaniac
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Best Offer in NYC

Postby frenchkitemaniac » Tue May 11, 2004 6:50 pm

I m considering buying a Nemesis 12 and I would like to take the price down by taking advantage of the 3 for 2 deal
If you re interested in a best kite too and are in NY maybe we can work something out

A.

pjc
Frequent Poster

Postby pjc » Tue May 11, 2004 7:27 pm

I hooked up with a guy on the other end of the continent to horn in on a 2 for 3 deal. it costs like $25 bucks to ship a kite --- i still saved big time compared to any other new kite deal.

just a suggestion --- don't limit your "best" friend to someone from NYC.

Kitedude
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kitedude » Tue May 11, 2004 7:37 pm

if you insist on not supporting your local kite shop. may i suggest you sign up for their affilate program before you buy. then when you do buy, click on the link to get yourself a commision on the sall. saving yourself a few bucks.

then when you have a problem you have money to go to your locla shop and get replacement parts.

frenchkitemaniac
Medium Poster

Postby frenchkitemaniac » Tue May 11, 2004 8:43 pm

Local kite shop.....in NYC
Well if you know of any please let me know cause i m interested :o
I am not a pro rider and probably won t tell the difference between a best and whatever else.
Furthermore I am not going to travel a couple hundred miles to pay a kite twice as much and support a kite shop I ll probably never see again no matter how nice the owner might be.
If you have a lot cash to throw into this good for you, I don't. Fell free to share though....

A.

Kitedude
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kitedude » Tue May 11, 2004 9:00 pm

sorry maniac i meant to say "may i suggest you sign up to Bests affilate program before"

oceanplay
Very Frequent Poster

Postby oceanplay » Tue May 11, 2004 9:03 pm

frenchkitemaniac wrote:Local kite shop.....in NYC
Well if you know of any please let me know cause i m interested :o
I am not a pro rider and probably won t tell the difference between a best and whatever else.
Furthermore I am not going to <A TITLE="Click for more information about travel" STYLE="text-decoration: none; border-bottom: medium solid green;" HREF="http://search.targetwords.com/u.search? ... >travel</A> a couple hundred miles to pay a kite twice as much and support a kite shop I ll probably never see again no matter how nice the owner might be.
If you have a lot cash to throw into this good for you, I don't. Fell free to share though....

A.

:lol1:

i'm with you man if you need some parts you will be ordering anyway or the store will. we have a some shops here and no one stocks parts for the brands they sell but they want that big sale. i will always support shops on some things just not when i can save a ton of money.

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Tue May 11, 2004 9:10 pm

kitedude, drop the holier than thou act it sucks.

as someone with brand links yourself it just doesn't wash....

why dont you just tell the guy to buy iquid force and be done with it.

Kitedude
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kitedude » Tue May 11, 2004 9:15 pm

SQ,

jesus man. i was telling the guy how to save an extra few bucks buying BEST and have been taking up wrong.

The guy is in America, it doesn't really affect me what he buys, with our tax rate and shipping, its not as if i was going to sell him a kite.

you forgot to mention Ocean Rodeo :wink:

oceanplay
Very Frequent Poster

Postby oceanplay » Tue May 11, 2004 9:28 pm

if they had to pay retail they would be flying best. there is no dif in fact why would i be selling my naish kites if they where better. i would not, it's not the money i was going to keep them for smooth water but the best kite out performed it.

kite dude no disrespect to you or your shop i'm sure you run a A+ place most don't and if i ever go there i will stop by and spend some money, hell i'll need a thick full suit. :thumb:

Kitedude
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kitedude » Tue May 11, 2004 9:59 pm

i'll reserve a Pyro drysuit especially for you :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”