F-One Bar 2004 riders, pls read

Forum for kitesurfers
Dana
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Dana » Fri May 21, 2004 6:52 am

from what I understood from them they can't make the realease harder because there is some kind of law in france that limits the power you should use to activate.
for the length of the line- if you make it shorter, you're riding powered up with the bar too close to the pin and will activate easier, but I think they should sell it with length option because I personally prefer riding with depower line no more than 25 cm, and it was very uncomfortable riding with such a long line because I had to hold it all the time and even though F-one kites has very little pressure on the backlines it's still not easy.
anyway, I'm sure they'll improve it for next year.

mergulhao
Frequent Poster

Postby mergulhao » Sat May 22, 2004 1:12 am

Dana wrote:...there is some kind of law in france that limits the power you should use to activate.
...and put someone in danger?

what about you DrLightWind, any coments to this threads?

CC
Very Frequent Poster

Postby CC » Sat May 22, 2004 8:00 am

I tried the kite from mergulhão and found that the depower is too long for me.
I'm 1,82 m and my arms are not sooo short (I think) but I did not feel comfortable even during normal riding. The setup was very strange for me.
F One is a great brand and I liked the new Mach 3 16 a lot, but the bar is not one of my favorites. There should be a way to adjust the setup properly to you anatomy.

DrLightWind
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Matheson Hammock Park Miami
Favorite Beaches: Crandon Beach, Hobbie Beach, Keys, St. Lucia, St. Marteen,
Style: Old School
Gear: Flysurfer15m and 21m Speed3 DLX
RealWind Mutant 148 X 40 and Directional 190 X 48, F-One TT 128 X35, Dereck Semi Directional 143 X 38 and 177 X 46.

Postby DrLightWind » Mon May 24, 2004 2:27 am

mergulhao wrote: what about you DrLightWind, any coments to this threads?
Mergulhao,

I'm happy with the F-One safety system for the time being. I'm not depending on the "Velcro Release System" I never trusted in that kind of safety device. As you know I'm using a Witchard welded on to my spreader bar, that gives me a quick release if I'm in a situation when needed to be seperate from the kite.

The push-out safety feature works for me I can reach it and activate it any time when I need to. If it's lite wind or I don't want any accidental release I have a peace velcro with a string tied on to the trim strap and use this on the chicken loop line just after the Pin Release Ball. So there are many ways to take care of that little problem if it's a problem.

IMHO it's possible to come up with a more simple safety system which is perhaps built into the bar for quick activation for the 5th Element line or "Pulley Bar" set-up.

DrLightWind
Last edited by DrLightWind on Sat May 29, 2004 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

not annonymous
Very Frequent Poster

Postby not annonymous » Mon May 24, 2004 6:48 am

That quick release on the chicken loop looks identical to the design flysurfer used to use. I am not sure why they made it that way, maybe to eliminate the chance of somehow getting hooked into the release handle?

The flysurfer one worked fine for me - just have to know how it works.

Everyone should should test out their safety systems in light wind, especially if it is something new that you are not used to. You do not want to learn learn about any little quirks in an emergency situation.

mergulhao
Frequent Poster

Postby mergulhao » Mon May 24, 2004 12:23 pm

DrLightWind wrote:
Mergulhao,

...I have a peace velcro with a string tied on to the trim strap and use this on the chicken loop line just before the Pin Release Ball...

DrLightWind
thanks, any photos? :D

Felixhh
Medium Poster

Postby Felixhh » Mon May 24, 2004 12:44 pm

Hi,

could u tell me where to bent the pin ? In the middle
or better to eye where the rope ist attached to ?
Thanks for any advice, pic's would be great !

regards
felix

kiteingcolin
Medium Poster

Postby kiteingcolin » Thu May 27, 2004 8:14 pm

very disapointed with the punch out, i was out only 15 mins and the thing let go twice, came in and put my old bar back on , cheers, unhappy colin, FOR SALE-- ONE BRAND NEW 04 F. ONE PUNCH OUT BAR SYSTEM, COST A PACKET BUT NOW FOR SALE DUE TO CONCERN FOR MINE AND FELLOW KITERS SAFTEY,WOULD MAKE A VERY GOOD WASHING LINE FOR A BIG FAMILY!

EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY » Fri May 28, 2004 1:53 pm

Oi Col I told you I'd have that if Aid didnt ! :o

PMad
Medium Poster

Postby PMad » Mon May 31, 2004 2:30 am

mergulhao wrote:
DrLightWind wrote:
Mergulhao,

...I have a peace velcro with a string tied on to the trim strap and use this on the chicken loop line just before the Pin Release Ball...

DrLightWind
thanks, any photos? :D
Yep DrLight... any photos of the velcro setup? Thanks!

Return to “Kitesurfing”