forum for kitesurfers

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Dwight » Sun May 30, 2004 11:33 pm

do you think is more powerful RHINO04 14 OR BLACK TIP NITRO 14???
i SAW A BT NITRO .... it has a wonderful safety system and a nice relaunch system ....
But who is more powerrful in light wind 14 r04 or btnitro14???? :roll:
Very different feeling kites. The R4 gets good low end from riding fast and it likes to ride fast, so riding slow doesn't really work. The Nitro likes to ride much slower. For me, the Nitro is very boring in light wind. Riding slow is not fun. The Nitro feels more like an intermediates kite to me. I get better low end from the R4, but I ride fast, so maybe your result will be different.

longy1975
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0

Postby longy1975 » Sun May 30, 2004 11:42 pm

You would be mad not to go the 14nitro, it is an awesome kite, and the recon would come in handy in light winds. I personally think you should go the 12nitro, buy far the best kite on the market, and after seeing Andre pulling powered mobes in 15 knots I think you would love it. Dont worry about riding in 11 knots, 12m is the best alrounder. Ride a surfboard if its light Get one of the new Contras latter on as a no winder :thumb:

mariochi
Rare Poster

Postby mariochi » Mon May 31, 2004 11:07 am

longy1975 wrote:You would be mad not to go the 14nitro, it is an awesome kite, and the recon would come in handy in light winds. I personally think you should go the 12nitro, buy far the best kite on the market, and after seeing Andre pulling powered mobes in 15 knots I think you would love it. Dont worry about riding in 11 knots, 12m is the best alrounder. Ride a surfboard if its light Get one of the new Contras latter on as a no winder :thumb:

let me see
contra16,5 + nitro 12 = 2 KITES!!!! :o
I want to live only with 1 kite..... it is a choice of life....
8) 8) 8)

Maris
Medium Poster

Postby Maris » Mon May 31, 2004 11:19 am

What kind of wind do you get more?
If 10-15 get 16m2 kite
if 15-20 get 12m2 kite
if 10-20 get 14m2 kite

eutanator
Frequent Poster

Postby eutanator » Mon May 31, 2004 6:09 pm

guys be serious! with 14sqm kite in 10 knt maybe you can go downwind on the surfboard nothing else! :alarm:

Last year I used Rhino16 (I'm about 65kg) and could ride it (mean going upwind enything else is just shitting in the pants) from 12 knt to just about 17! This kite isn't prepared for a light guys.

This year I have 18sqm Globerider Lift with KPO system and this baby just rocks! In my local conditions I'm very often first on the water exactly when the wind has about 10 knt (on 138x39 board) - and I can stand easly with this kite till 20 knt ! when everybody else are on the 12 or even 10 (this is the real sittuation from 2 weeks ago) When the wind is above 16knt I switch the board to 128x40.

If you can try this kite - you'll love it. If you can't try it - buy it you'll be satisfied!

experienced1
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby experienced1 » Mon May 31, 2004 6:29 pm

With your board quiver and weight, its a 14M for SURE! Don't think you can go wrong with either the Cabrinha or North...although I'm biased towards the Cabrinha

mariochi
Rare Poster

Postby mariochi » Mon May 31, 2004 11:35 pm

eutanator wrote:guys be serious! with 14sqm kite in 10 knt maybe you can go downwind on the surfboard nothing else! :alarm:
That is not exact considering that I am 69Kg. :lol: :lol:
and.... I ride in light wind with loose performer 147 (it is similar to a snowboard and without volume).
I go upwind if the wind is eleven and also if is 10-11 knots.
The difference is made by the board and by my weigth I think.
I used to fly a Wipika AMP 2003 14.0..... :thumb:
but now i have sold it :help: .... it was too old ...... i used it so much...
it was my unique kite :wink:

break wind
Rare Poster

Cabrinha vs north

Postby break wind » Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:01 am

I am 65kgs are ride with the cabrinha bt:nitro 14. It is the only kite that i use and that i can afford

It rips man.. planes from 10knts and goes beyond 20 knts.. I have tried it in 25 knots and its awesome!

The north is a great kite i have many friends who have it too, but in 10 knots they are out with either the 17 or the 20.

i have seen that the R4 does significant jumping performance, then again, maybe its becoz my mates jump higher than me anyway!

The cabrinha likes to ride powered up.. although there's a chicken loop, the power delivered is pretty constant, unlike that of a takoon that i have tried with great depowering capabilities from full power to mininal

So its up to you

best depowering response : takkon skoop
best jumping performance : north
best range(in the upper end) in my opinion: CaBRINHA!

Btw the kites are fucking durable!

longy1975
Medium Poster

Postby longy1975 » Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:54 am

Dude, you need 2 kites if you want this range, your talking 11 knots ( no wind ) to 20 ( heaps of wind) . You should pick which type of riding you want to do and stick to it. If you get 20 knots why would you even bother with 11knots. Dont comprimise for that sake. Get one sick set up, you will become a way better rider if you use your kite in the right range. Go the 12nitro, and if your desprite buy an old piece of crap cheap big kite. I weigh 75 kilo and find it hard to get powered on my 17co2 in 12 knots and thats a ballsy kite, but hit 15 plus and my nitro 12 starts to go off, probably less for you as I ride an icon 130.But I can take it out in heaps of wind where as the 14 would be way maxed for you in a real! 18 plus knots. I would rather ride my 12 with a wakeskate than a big kite most of the time anyway! :thumb: I know you want to hear that there is a kite that will do this but theres not, and if there was im sure it would be a pig to ride :thumb:

Nico
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Local Beach: private kitebeach on my doorstep,
Le Morne.
Style: wave
Gear: Drifter kites, wave boards
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha, naish

Postby Nico » Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:07 am

the nitro rocks, but you might get a tad more juice out of the X4.
Hang time with that kite is unbelievable.
Nico

Return to “Kitesurfing”