borris in 3, 2, 1...
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: orignially russia, but now hailing from the ever sunny london
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby borris in 3, 2, 1... » Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:09 am

steve,

it seems to me that you only have yourself to blame for the 'disgusting' things that have happened to your shop since you chose to stock Best kites.

everytime you write somethign on this forum, you convince people not to buy from your shop. you continually carry on like a goose about how you were 'discriminated' against. whatever....seriously, why dont you jsut move on from it?
and by telling people that you are going to give them extra special discounts....that is the lamest, most desperate mesure i have ever seen.

what you are doing doesnt just make your shop look bad, it makes every other shop look bad too. you carry on about protecting the indusrty in australia, and about how you hated having to sell a vegas for so cheap.

you are the one bringing Best in to this country. you are the one undercutting every other shop in australia. you are the one wrecking the industry. and yet, you still cry out like you have been the one wronged against.

your antics are the cause of the 'BS' that happens in australia. I remember a post you wrote before you were kicked off the AKSA council about how you said that you had contributed so much to the cause, and how you had raised $45,000 or so, that was sitting in the kitty.

but why was this money just sitting in the kitty and not being used for something more constructive for the sport of Kiteboarding? why havent more events, with more prize money been created? why havent sliders and kickers made it to more of the beaches?
with this money, you could have set up such a system, for example, where youth's looking to get into the sport, who could not afford the higher prices of kites, could get a subsidisation on their kite costs. this would help get kids into the sport and at the same time, it would still protect the bigger kite companies, and shops like yours would still be making a bigger profit off of the mainstream kites.
instead you did nothing seemingly constructive for sport, and wondered why people were voting against you. were you just using this money to fund your own stupid actions in the shop?

and then you went for Best and now it seems like you have just royally kicked yourself in the arse.
the bad situation you are in is your own fault. no one elses.

jm
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby jm » Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:27 am

will you people stop f***in bleeding bout the stupid Traqua add. Its 2 pages out of how many. A whole book.
why dont you stop reading the advertising and instead read the write-ups of some up and coming riders such as Adam Ratejewski

If anyone like me gets fed up with with the whining about Best kies and the price of australian kites retail, i think you should go have another look in the shop.

3 liquid force kites: $2499
Wipika Matrix: Buy 1 get 1 Free = around $2k

Why dont you order a set of Best kites, add duty and then compare the cost? not much difference

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 75kg
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Favorite Beaches: There is a reason I live in Lennox Head.
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V7, 10/14 Enduro v4, Zephyr V7, Edge V12 10M, Alpha V2 8/14M, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" couple of custom Blacksheep surfboards Mystic Stealth harness and stealth rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisFoils, Armstrong, Core, Cabrinha, Slingshot, North

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:34 pm

borris in 3, 2, 1... wrote:steve,

it seems to me that you only have yourself to blame for the 'disgusting' things that have happened to your shop since you chose to stock Best kites.

everytime you write somethign on this forum, you convince people not to buy from your shop. you continually carry on like a goose about how you were 'discriminated' against. whatever....seriously, why dont you jsut move on from it?
and by telling people that you are going to give them extra special discounts....that is the lamest, most desperate mesure i have ever seen.

what you are doing doesnt just make your shop look bad, it makes every other shop look bad too. you carry on about protecting the indusrty in australia, and about how you hated having to sell a vegas for so cheap.

you are the one bringing Best in to this country. you are the one undercutting every other shop in australia. you are the one wrecking the industry. and yet, you still cry out like you have been the one wronged against.

your antics are the cause of the 'BS' that happens in australia. I remember a post you wrote before you were kicked off the AKSA council about how you said that you had contributed so much to the cause, and how you had raised $45,000 or so, that was sitting in the kitty.

but why was this money just sitting in the kitty and not being used for something more constructive for the sport of Kiteboarding? why havent more events, with more prize money been created? why havent sliders and kickers made it to more of the beaches?
with this money, you could have set up such a system, for example, where youth's looking to get into the sport, who could not afford the higher prices of kites, could get a subsidisation on their kite costs. this would help get kids into the sport and at the same time, it would still protect the bigger kite companies, and shops like yours would still be making a bigger profit off of the mainstream kites.
instead you did nothing seemingly constructive for sport, and wondered why people were voting against you. were you just using this money to fund your own stupid actions in the shop?

and then you went for Best and now it seems like you have just royally kicked yourself in the arse.
the bad situation you are in is your own fault. no one elses.
Hey Borris
You have a lot to blame on me mate, what have you done for kiteboarding? How about you sign your real name for starters?
Until you do your words have no power, and I get another chance to tell more of the truth, and advertise, thanks. :thumb:

I never got kicked off AKSA, get your facts right. I founded and served the organisation for 3 + years, in that time there have been a couple of dozen people involved on the committee, so its hardly all my fault that I helped accumulate $47,000AUD for Aussie kiteboarders.

The new committee is very grateful to have the money, the states and AKSA will use it to the best advantage of kiters for sure.
AKSA is in good hands I reckon, Mike Walker and Andrew Regan and the committee are doing a great job.

The rest of your fairy tale is sour grapes mate and you definately make a good whine.

Have a read of the thread, "Cost of kites in Oz, who is buying the big brands", then you will get a hint of what has been making it hard for retailers.

lenis

Postby lenis » Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:47 am

this has turned into another steve mc corgay bleeeeed athon about him losing money because the world is screwing him, get used to it

Return to “Kitesurfing”