Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Spots&Wind in Sweden/Norway?

forum for kitesurfers

_surfspot_de_

Spots&Wind in Sweden/Norway?

Postby _surfspot_de_ » Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:55 am

Hi,
I´m planning a trip to Sweden for July 2004, going from Malmö up towards Norway. I´d appreciate any kind of information on spots and wind conditions along the Kattegat & Skagerak route, especially if there is wind in July at all (would be a bummer to drive a 1000k without any chance on a decent storm *;-)*)

Hope you can help me. Pls. reply by email to webmaster@surfspot.de

Keep on surfing,

Joerg
Germany

Pet
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Pet » Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:18 pm

There are lots of spots to surf along the westcoast. The whole area around Malmö is perfect with kiting in any wind direction. then you have Båstad, Varberg, Some spots in and around Gothenburg.
You can visit the Swedish forum : ( http://www.steffo.nu/forum/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=kite ). And ask around for more specific info there. Or to get in touch with the locals to go kiting with them (us).

But, man, July is far from windy here. We get the "Sjöbris" at about 2pm - 5pm if the weather is sunny and hot. I think south of sweden is best in July. Bring your monster kites! If you are unlucky, chances are you won´t get any wind at all :cry:

Good luck. And see you at the local spot / Pete

tommen
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby tommen » Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:22 am

same goes for norway. july is the worst month for both wind and waves. you might get some really nice days with 7-8ms, sun and warm, but there are not too many of those. august is a better bet. for spots, the west-coast around stavanger is the best part of the country. also some spots around oslo, tønsberg++. how far are you planning on driving? there are a few pages with spot-guides out there, but none in english i believe.

Return to “Kitesurfing”