Favorite Beaches: Brouwersdam
Style: having fun
Gear: Slingshot REV 9 + 13mtr
Airush protoy 135
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby kitemaster » Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:07 pm

Has far has i undersood from the stoy this new punch out system is only active during launching.

???????

kitesurfing freak
Medium Poster

Postby kitesurfing freak » Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:54 pm

That article was on my website. A friend of my was in China and met the Cabrinha designer overthere. He had the new Contra and a prototype CO2 with him. And the designer told him about the new system, a punch-out system with a stopper.

You can read the whole article here: http://www.kiteportal.com/news.php?function=read&ID=229 (dutch)
( http://babelfish.altavista.com/ )

Andy

kitingkt
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kitingkt » Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:45 am

thanks kitesurfing freak,

bable fish is pretty good. i understood most of the article.

kt

Bool Twang
Rare Poster

Postby Bool Twang » Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:42 am

kitepower wrote: Show us a 10 year old 4 lined inflatable kite design that resembles any thing like the superior designs of EH and Best kites?
Where are they? Name them, come on.
[...]
Best has been going approx 4 months, give them a break, unless you are a disgruntled shopkeeper or distributor! :thumb:
If, on the other hand, you ARE a disgruntled shopkeeper or distributor, then talk it up... sell more product.

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 75kg
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Favorite Beaches: There is a reason I live in Lennox Head.
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V7, 10/14 Enduro v4, Zephyr V7, Edge V12 10M, Alpha V2 8/14M, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" couple of custom Blacksheep surfboards Mystic Stealth harness and stealth rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisFoils, Armstrong, Core, Cabrinha, Slingshot, North

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:53 am

Bool Twang wrote:
kitepower wrote: Show us a 10 year old 4 lined inflatable kite design that resembles any thing like the superior designs of EH and Best kites?
Where are they? Name them, come on.
[...]
Best has been going approx 4 months, give them a break, unless you are a disgruntled shopkeeper or distributor! :thumb:
If, on the other hand, you ARE a disgruntled shopkeeper or distributor, then talk it up... sell more product.
You got me Bool Twang.!!
After I hit submit I had a doubt about everything I wrote after You are. was going to edit it, but am too busy selling heaps and having fun to post much here anymore.
I can understand some people in the trade being fearful of Best I was at first, but the persons comments were a bit over the top even for if that was the case.

A parasite does little or nothing beneficial for the host (kiteboarding), but that is not the truth about Best.
Best just spent tens of thousands of dollars on the PKRA Cabarete World Cup, I don't think the organisers and prize winners will agree that Best are anything but a huge asset to the industry at the moment.
Same with riders all over the world who have been sick of paying the various cartels huge money for kites made in the same factories with the same materials, they have been voting with their wallets in huge numbers that Best is good for them.

So its obvious who would stoop low enough to call a company a parasite, and I don't need to name them or attempt to describe them.

Just keeping it real, as usual.

FredMurphy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby FredMurphy » Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:15 am

For a more official line on what might be in Recon version 2 check out Kevin's comments near the end of this thread on the Cabrinha Maui forum.
Kevin Ozee wrote:Jwunna brings up the point that the Recon only works if you use it. A valid point, tragically illustrated by my good friend Alex Caviglia's accident, where he simply didn't have time to deploy the Recon. A safety system is only effective if it's used.

I can tell you Alex's accident hit home very personally with Pete Cabrinha. And Pete has been striving towards an automatic release for the Recon for Recon Generation 2. In other words, a safety system that deploys even if the rider doesn't deploy it. Having let that little cat out of the bag, I am not sure it will be entirely automatic in Recon Generation 2, but that's certainly the goal (it's not an easy project to engineer...but Pete's best man is on it). Regardless of your brand affiliation or preference, I think the consensus is that the next step in safety is automatic releases.

Sure, they may be other issues to address that may arise from an automatic release. Much like pre-releasing ski bindings raise, for example. But, at least an automatic release (which would also have a manual release as well) takes some variables out of the equation that should make the Recon even safer.

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:16 pm

any new safety system is of benefit to us all, a little bit of creative thinking in a newish direction can point all the other designers towards new alternatives.

Return to “Kitesurfing”