flyby
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Best Board Purchase Advice

Postby flyby » Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:54 pm

Hi,

I have been watching the forums and seen the whole-sale spamming by the Best crowd, so if you are one of these anonymous cowards, please don't bother adding to this thread, as your views should be ignored as they are patently biased. Best gear is very affordable, designed by a pro and that's why I'm looking at it.

Now that that matter is out of the way, I'd like to ask anyone who owns a Best Pro kiteboard what the opinions on the board are. I rode a Airrush 147 wakestyle TT last weekend and totally enjoyed it, I could hold back a lot more wind with it than my 147 mutant.

Which is fine, I see my Mutant as a light-wind board. I also have a 138 wakeboard, huge rocker (2.5") and it has amazing pop (on the cable-ski) but it is heavy and lacks the flex and concave bottom of a "true" kiteboard.

That's why I'd like to know more about how good the Pro series of boards from Best is. I'm considering in the 130 range perfect for my 68kg/150lbs. So please, all *unbiased* opinions would be appreciated on how it cuts through chop, how smooth it rides, wakestyle feel, etc.

Cheers.

Return to “Kitesurfing”