Contacts for us blind folks....

Forum for kitesurfers
kitebored
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby kitebored » Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:52 am

i used a prescription that was 3 years old... i got my contacts, then got a letter 3 days later saying that i shouldn't use them until i see my doctor. So i can give him another $100 to say my prescription is the same.

Elia
Frequent Poster

Postby Elia » Sat Jul 31, 2004 7:11 am

I did the laser thing and I love it. I originally did it for climbing and skiing and mountain biking and it was the best $1500 I ever spent. I think you would be out of the water for about three weeks but this is rather conservative I think.

Wetstuff
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Assateague National Seashore, Maryland
Gear: Ozone WASP wind wing
Naish 8-0 Directional
Sand kart

Postby Wetstuff » Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:47 pm

KBored: I've never had a legit script for them?! I somehow traded for contacts that were similar to the power of my Coke bottles and the rest is history. I got to use - and toss (God - that seems wasteful!) - my new, B&L daily wears. "...and Jeeves, this afternoon I'll be having a new pair, thank you."

...'me see: $1500 = 3,000 lens'. I'd willingly pay $1500 for 1,500 more surf and kite sessions! "I'd like to book those sessions in advance, please."

Cheers all...

jim

Elia
Frequent Poster

Postby Elia » Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:54 am

it's not a straight conversion from contacts.
1.You don't have to f*** around with solution,
2. You never lose a lens,
3. you always have the right prescription
4.you don't put dirty fingers in your eye. Optometrists are usually against contacts because your putting too much crap in your eyes.
5. Also you never get that dry eye feeling that you get with contacts (at first you do but after the first month that goes away).
6. If you camp on the beach it sure makes it better in the morning

7. ultimately it's worth 1500 to have perfect eye sight

GregW
Frequent Poster

Postby GregW » Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:40 am

Elia wrote:...
4.you don't put dirty fingers in your eye. Optometrists are usually against contacts because your putting too much crap in your eyes.
5. Also you never get that dry eye feeling that you get with contacts (at first you do but after the first month that goes away).

6. If you camp on the beach it sure makes it better in the morning

7. ultimately it's worth 1500 to have perfect eye sight
On the subject of 4 and 5, I used to have tough leathery eyeballs. Poking my fingers into them with contact lenses was never a problem. Now they feel quite delicate and if I rub them I do it quite carefully. It's not a problem but it is different to before.

6. Sometimes it is better to have bad eyesight when you wake up in the morning when you see who (or what) you spent last night with.

7. Perfect eyesight is priceless.

GreenPat
Frequent Poster

Postby GreenPat » Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:55 am

You poor people, I feel sorry for you not having the clearest of vision. I thought I'd just add a little anecdote because I'm bored - Out of my family of 6 I am the only one without glasses, yet I am colourblind. How about that eh? They got laser surgery for colourblindness yet? What does the world look like in full colour? I wonder...

Such is life

:o

bragnouff
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: New Brighton
Gear: Boards: Alkita boards
Zeeko Slash/AirWave/Scrambler
Amundson Johno
Foils: Spitfire XLW/ XXLW. GoFoil NL130/160/190
Kites: FS Peaks
HB Legion
Wings:Zeeko Carve
HB Flair/Guide...
Brand Affiliation: GK enthusiast / Zeeko & HB Pimp

Postby bragnouff » Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:37 am

For those of you who'll be definitely blind after your eyes will have been sunburnt, the future is still quite bright, cause you'll be still able to browse your favourite website.

Check this amazing device

on
http://portnawake.free.fr/template.php? ... eblind.php

But for now, please take care of your eyes otherwise practice reading on a grate cheese...

Return to “Kitesurfing”