Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ram Airs Crash in 2004 (Including Speed)

Forum for kitesurfers
Pump me up
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Inflatables

Ram Airs Crash in 2004 (Including Speed)

Postby Pump me up » Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:07 am

Well boys, 2004 is drawing to an end.

Ram Airs have crashed in every significant event this year. Compared to inflatables, they have fared poorly in every major competition. The only explanation for this can be aerodynamic inferiority.

This includes speed competitions. The current world kiteboarding speed record is about 41 knots (held by an inflatable). There are dozens of inflatable riders who have got close to this, in the 38-41 knot range. No ram air rider has come anywhere near it.

Ram lovers making ridiculous claims about tin-pot backyard competitions only emphasises the fact that they crash and burn in REAL competitions. If there was a world ranking of speed trials from various comps (including the German comp), ram airs would rate well down the list, probably in the 50s.

Ignore the lies. Ignore the propaganda. Ram airs are aerodynamically inferior to inflatables and nothing can change this.

Pump me up
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Pump me up » Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:11 am

Ted B. wrote:Hey guys Congrads to Armin and his team!!!!!!!!!!!!
Although you guys tried really hard PMU seems to be hiding out..But his girl friend sure showed up!!!!!Hi MAD PRICK I mean SAD dick ,Oh thats right its Mad Mick stop crying you little BBBeeeeooooottttccchhh!!

TED B.
Ted Bautista reveals his true colours. If there is any doubt about his maturity levels or bizarre, financially-driven obsession with ram airs (Flysurfer), lay them to rest. In magazines around the world, Teddy B is one of the main offenders when it comes to making ridiculous, over-the-top, unsubstantiated claims and lies about ram airs.

Ram airs are inferior. End of story.

the_lone_wolf
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby the_lone_wolf » Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:51 am

thats nice, in a fair world you'd compare kites in the same conditions to se which is "superior" :roll: - oh wait thats exactly what happened in namibia. i come to the conclusion that all inflatables are crap because i can jump higher and longer on my 10 in 20knts than anyone on any inflatable in 5knts of wind, it's conclusive, i reckon thats all thats new to add to the arguement, the rest has been said before :bye:

MadMick
Very Frequent Poster

Postby MadMick » Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:14 am

Pump me up wrote:
Ted B. wrote:Hey guys Congrads to Armin and his team!!!!!!!!!!!!
Although you guys tried really hard PMU seems to be hiding out..But his girl friend sure showed up!!!!!Hi MAD PRICK I mean SAD dick ,Oh thats right its Mad Mick stop crying you little BBBeeeeooooottttccchhh!!

TED B.
Ted Bautista reveals his true colours. If there is any doubt about his maturity levels or bizarre, financially-driven obsession with ram airs (Flysurfer), lay them to rest. In magazines around the world, Teddy B is one of the main offenders when it comes to making ridiculous, over-the-top, unsubstantiated claims and lies about ram airs.

Ram airs are inferior. End of story.
Well,there you go fellas. I warned you not to mess with PMU !

Read the full results in the post about the record and the truth is revealed.
The foil user won the masters,which is the over 35 division (congratulations on a great effort ) but there was no record set by foils.Absolutely no reason for SQ and Ted B and their twisted cronies to start jumping up and down and waving their knickers in the air !

As for Ted B, and his unwarranted personal attack on me,well,his words are there for all to see how his twisted,immature mind works,so there is no need for me to respond.

Come to think of it,I have not seen a foil for months. Wonder why.

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Ram Airs Crash in 2004 (Including Speed)

Postby Tone » Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:16 am

Pump me up wrote:in the 38-41 knot range. No ram air rider has come anywhere near it.

well you are showing how much of a lamer you are, can you not read?!

Tillmann got runs in the region of 39knots, and his fastest was 39.81.

he finshed 8th in the overall rankings, not in the 50s.

so back at you PMU, its strange you seem to have something against flysurfer i cant work out why anyone would take it upon themselves to be so militant against ONE BRAND!

court, your, balls, in.

doofus
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Gear: Ozone, ASP, Levitaz
Brand Affiliation: Customer.

Postby doofus » Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:29 am

RC-Kiter
Frequent Poster

Postby RC-Kiter » Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:29 am

Kiteboarding Results Speed Week Namibia:
Fastest Times Only!

1) Olaf Marting (North) 41.67 knots
2) Sebastian Cattelan (Wipika) 41.37 knots
3) Dirk Hanel (North) 40.05 knots
4) Manu Taub (Wipika) 39.92 knots
5) Tillman Heinig (Flysurfer) 39.81 knots
6) Marc Gondard (?) 39.63 knots

Pump me up
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Ram Airs Crash in 2004 (Including Speed)

Postby Pump me up » Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:31 pm

Tone wrote:
Pump me up wrote:in the 38-41 knot range. No ram air rider has come anywhere near it.

well you are showing how much of a lamer you are, can you not read?!

Tillmann got runs in the region of 39knots, and his fastest was 39.81.

he finshed 8th in the overall rankings, not in the 50s.

so back at you PMU, its strange you seem to have something against flysurfer i cant work out why anyone would take it upon themselves to be so militant against ONE BRAND!

court, your, balls, in.
Fair point. Apologies to Tillman etc.

It doesn't detract from the fact that if you pooled all speed results in the last 6 months, ram airs would still be down in the 50s in terms of rankings.

In speed comp terms, the difference between 39 knots and 41 knots is HUGE. It's like the Olympics 100m race. The difference between running it in 9.8 secs and 10.2 seconds is enormous.

The simple fact remains. Ram airs ARE aerodynamically inferior to inflatables and will NEVER match it with inflatables in terms of performance in freestyle, speed, height, low-end, reliability, and general handling.

Ignore the lies. Ignore the Bautista propaganda. Ram Airs are aerodynamically inferior. End of story.

Klaus (c:E
Very Frequent Poster
Style: lousy
Brand Affiliation: None.

Uuups!

Postby Klaus (c:E » Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:19 pm

Hai :D,

@ Pump me up:

would You fight a war for the LEI´s?

Look at Your profile.
- You ´ve got no home
- You ´ve got no profession
- You ´ve got no interests (one could have been a little more agressive here)
- You were not even born! :bye:

There are at least three different systems of Surfkites on the market, if i categorize as:
1) LEI
2) Ram air kites
3) Peter Lynn´s "TwinSkin technology"

All of those have their pros and cons.
I am very satisfied with one of my two Ram Air kites (especially the one for strong wind conditions) and think about all three systems for my next kite for the low wind range.

bay surfer
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The Dam Beach
Favorite Beaches: Lake Michigan Beaches, OBX
Gear: Airush, Switch, Pansh, Kites, LF boards, Home Brewed Foils and boards

Postby bay surfer » Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:35 pm

Give It a break Pump me up. Find something usefull to post, other than the same post every time.
All kites have there + and -.

Return to “Kitesurfing”