All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Naish V4 Tuning Question
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:31 am 
Very Frequent Poster

It was mentioned in the thread about tuning the Torch 16m that the V4 had tuning problems. I totally agree I have a quiver of V4 kites and after a season I never figured the tuning out. I have a 14m, 16m, 18m, and they just don’t work right out of the box.

Is there something that needs to be done to the pig tail lengths or something to get them working right? I did figure out if I moved the back lines to the knot furthest from the bar it helped some. The local Naish dealer wasn’t much help because they don’t fly the V4 personally. Why did Naish release a kite that wasn’t ready to go? I have a boxer 2 and that works perfectly on the stock line setup and the V4 doesn’t.

I am sure someone has found the solution before, could you please share it.

Thanks in advance
-DC

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: tuning v4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:06 am 
Medium Poster

whats up i sail a v4 naish as well as others for me i prefer to rig my bar so that the kite is full trim with the bar in about three inchs from the stoper,, any more oversheets the kite,,, keep in mind i ride in the c loop full time,,, if i pull the strap all the way in i can then sheet the kite by pullin in and out on the bar using all the travel that comes stock from naish,,,,, ok,,, so,,, to set up a bar i attach all lines to a equal point and hook in to the c loop ,,,, at that point" if my bar is the way i like it ",,,,i have slack lines on the trailin edge and firm lines on the leading edge when i pull the bar in about three inches all lines are firm,,,, just like on the kite all attachment points on the kite will be set the same,,,, i luv these kites they work perfect like most other kites set up correctly,,, well thats how i like the set up and it has worked well for all my naish kites except maybe 1st gen areos,,,,,they kinda liked even pressure,,, if i remember correctly,,, hope i helped and if i can be clearer let me no R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:56 am 
Frequent Poster

From my experience with Naish kites over the last four years is that ever since the X2 my Naish kites like to be flown with out a lot of depower when the bar is all the way out. It is weird but it is almost like you rig your bar so that when your bar is all the way out (away from you) the lines are almost tight both front and back. I typically take the stock bar and change the flying lines (Red and Blue) on the bar and move them one knot closer to the bar. This makes the kite have only a slight bit of depower when you are in the chicken loop with the bar all the way out. I also found the V4 to work well like this. I only have the 25 to compare but it works well. I use the same bar and lines on my X3 12, and X4 16. If you ever need more depower there is always the depower strap. I have found that the Naish kites do not like or need a lot of movment of the bar for depower and power. The Naish kites have so much range that you really don't need to work the bar very much. This is nice because you can focus more on riding instead of concentrating on power. I have tried other brands and I can see this being very hard to get used to. Like the North Rhino 2 I had you needed to power and depower a lot to get it right. The Naish I just launch and go. It is almost like having a two line again but the advantages of the four lines. I hope this helps. It is kind of hard to explain. :bye:

Post subject: Re: tuning v4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:10 pm 
Frequent Poster

ctkiteboarding wrote:
whats up i sail a v4 naish as well as others for me i prefer to rig my bar so that the kite is full trim with the bar in about three inchs from the stoper,, any more oversheets the kite,,, keep in mind i ride in the c loop full time,,, if i pull the strap all the way in i can then sheet the kite by pullin in and out on the bar using all the travel that comes stock from naish,,,,, ok,,, so,,, to set up a bar i attach all lines to a equal point and hook in to the c loop ,,,, at that point" if my bar is the way i like it ",,,,i have slack lines on the trailin edge and firm lines on the leading edge when i pull the bar in about three inches all lines are firm,,,, just like on the kite all attachment points on the kite will be set the same,,,, i luv these kites they work perfect like most other kites set up correctly,,, well thats how i like the set up and it has worked well for all my naish kites except maybe 1st gen areos,,,,,they kinda liked even pressure,,, if i remember correctly,,, hope i helped and if i can be clearer let me no R

When you attached the lines to an equal point the strap is fully powered or depowered ?.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:22 pm 
Medium Poster

DC you have a pm- check your box.

NaishUSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:47 pm 
Medium Poster

fully powered ,,, like the other post its like a fix line set up almost till u pull in the strap and thn the bar can depower the kite,,, if u get it right it will work perfect ,,, keep trying a little adjustment goes along way and as the other post said i too use the board to force the kite to the edge to depower unless it super over and then i pull the strap,,, works for me as well as every naish rider i no hope this helps R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:16 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Interesting instructions here for tuning 5 th lines (North)

Particularly the pigtail lengths.

http://www.blowinginthewind.com/shop/5th_element.asp

[ 7 posts ]