CautionKites - Opinion

Forum for kitesurfers
condor
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby condor » Fri May 13, 2005 10:56 am

wakeboy says that CautionKites are made of lower quality materials
other posters say that the quality is very good.

I have no personal opinion but I know that they are made in the same factory as the EZZY sails (windsurfing) which I know for sure that they are great sails, made with very good materials and very durable too.

Is it then safe to believe that Caution Kites can't be much different?
Last edited by condor on Fri May 13, 2005 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ray-au
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Ray-au » Fri May 13, 2005 11:19 am

You can hate and love these kites at the same time, I have got 10m and 14m spitfire 1 kites. They are super grunty, in good wind conditions they are great, if its gusty,I mean real short bursts, they are a headache, power just peaks up real extream making it hard to time rotations. The cut is basic, realsimple design, they do a lot with paint to make these things look high tech. material looks like most others exept for crappy vinyl on corners. OK for beginners but beware of the Power these kites can develop, must be one of the best bottom ends out there :thumb:

Sea&Sun
Very Frequent Poster

Strong, great kite!!

Postby Sea&Sun » Fri May 13, 2005 12:47 pm

I have the 8, 12, 16 Spitfire 2s. They are great!!! The wind range is super. They relaunch easy. The are great in gust. The first time I tried one was a 12m Spitfire 2 the winds went from 12 to 35 a very gusty day. I kited for 3 hours none stop. Hardly noticed the gust. Every one else was changing kites all day long. That day I bought the kites. I have been out there on my 12 going upwind when I have seen many people walking in with 16m. The guys at Caution (Jeff) are great any problems they take care of you and I am on the East Coast (Dewey Beach, De.). If you ever saw them on the West Coast in the waves you would know what Caution is all about. I had mine tumble in the waves a few times and no harm done. Its works great in the bays too. You can't go wrong.

RippinRich
Rare Poster

Postby RippinRich » Fri May 13, 2005 1:03 pm

@Wakeboy-> Bet you had never one in you hands

I fully agree with Sea & Sun
I fly the Spitfires II 12/16/20 8)

Simply cant go wrong with Caution
Cheers

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Fri May 13, 2005 2:17 pm

shhh, i'm hiding.

the spitties are solid kites, they look a bit agricultural on the stitching detail, but as the boys say, thats ezzy for you and they have a rep for being tough and durable.

the 05 bar is simply a belter, good safety and nice features.

Dr.Gonzo
Frequent Poster

Postby Dr.Gonzo » Fri May 13, 2005 2:23 pm

@ wakeboy... it is rediculous to say that Caution and Ezzy use lower quality materials, they use top spec teijin and dacron. The SRP is also not as nearly as high as North or Strike2 so you are tripping.

Whether you like black on grey stitching is a matter of taste, not quality... Ezzy's stitching is the best in the busines imho... triple stitch, glued and taped, wide and flat... they pioneered flat leading edge seems for example.

Layout is simple as it works so why add stuff for the sake of it... ie: no trailing edge splitters like North as Cautions don't flap at the trailing edge.

Graphics are not there to make anything look 'more technical', the guys are just down with it and the flame has been a trade mark since the first range in '99 ... whaddya want... flame cut panels?

The 05s are also one of the lighter kites on the market despite being probably the strongest.

I am an importer so take it how you will but I have flown and dealt with many Caution kites and I can tell you our UK warranty rate is around 1% over the last 2 seasons with almost zero call for any replacement bladders. We have a lot of stoked riders out there and we are very happy dealing with Caution.

Range wise... The Spitfires 1 and 2 are front line flyers... you need to be adept at flying front liners to get the top end range. Whilst its fair to say the 16m S2 is very powerful and grunty (no one would bat an eye if it had 18 on it), the top end is found by setting it up right and simply sheeting out and edging to control speed... 20m is the same. If you are used to a back line flyer like a yarga for eg. then you may be forgiven for thinking they are too grunty and lacking top end... 14m and below all have exceptional wind range at both ends and are very efficient upwind.

Turn rate is smooth and progressive with low power spike... great for waves and powered loops... if you want a ballistic stalled turn for less agressive kite loops you just have to ask for it, crank the bar that bit more and it will deliver.

Caution Kites are well proven to be easy to fly, stable with great performance in all aspects. They are also very reliable.

Some of my photos...

Confident kiteloops...
Image Image

Image Image

on the downloop...

Effortless hangtime...
Image Image

more pics ... here :bye:

Andres_Santacruz
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: All Mexico: Laguna de Tecocomulco, Hidalgo. Acapulco, Guerrero. Boca del Rio, Veracruz.
Favorite Beaches: Progreso, Yucatan. El Revolcadero, Acapulco, Guerrero. La Ventana, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Ilho do Guajiru, Ceara, Brazil.
Style: Big Air and waves and freestyle.
Gear: Ozone Kites: Reo V3 8m, Edge V9 8m, C4 2015 10m, Edge V9 13m, Chrono V3 15m, Ozone Zephyr V5 17m. Core XR5 10m.
Boards: Fone Acid 132 2016, ASP NZ Stealth Custom 135, Axis Limited 140 2018, Axis Ultra 144 2015,Axis New Wave 5'8" Surf, Fone Mitu 5'4 2017 Surf, Camet Custom 139 Foilboard and Alpine Foil Access V3 Foil, Naish Alaia Strapless
Brand Affiliation: I sell Ozone,Core,Slingshot,Naish,F-ONE,Crazy Fly,Axis,Mystic,Manera,Pro-Limit & Dakine.

Postby Andres_Santacruz » Fri May 13, 2005 6:38 pm

KICK ASS pictures DR. Gonzo, everyday i see new caution kite color patterns, those are some creative guys in sri lanka. I see you also have the same color as my 12, looks great in action!

http://gallery.kiteforum.com/gallery/vi ... me=albur52

Paco
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Paco » Fri May 13, 2005 7:19 pm

"Dr.Gonzo"

...our UK warranty rate is around 1% over the last 2 seasons with almost zero call for any replacement bladders. We have a lot of stoked riders out there and we are very happy dealing with Caution.
DR. GONZO:
Awsome pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Size wise why does Caution jump from 16 to 20???? The lack of that 18 does affect me!!! I was going to buy one, but ended up with a VEGAS 18 instead....

ANDRES:
Ya sabiamos que los Caution aguantan un putero, pero un PUTERO y esto solo nos confirma que el pendejo de CHICO ahuevo tiene que estar mal con sus bladders!!! o el imbecil los trono solitos y nos quizo hechar la culpa!!!! Despues de todo si JEFF los hubiera roto por que no pedia unos nuevos????? Se los han de dar gratis o regalados!!!

macca
Very Frequent Poster

Postby macca » Fri May 13, 2005 8:55 pm

Had 4 great days this week on the 16m S1.

It has moved my kiting on a bit, supper floaty soft landings, a very nice all round kite.

Materials are as good as any other kite, no problems for me apart from short valves on bladders.

Had the 10m for a few months and not to keen on it when it gets very gusty( a bit on /off), great in normal strong winds, mega jumping kite.

I think you have 2 ways to fly these kites, let them go on the front lines and they are fast , or pull on the bar and they pull you along, for me they are a great compromise between high/mid aspect, best of both.

Am sure you would not be dissapointed with them.

Rossall
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Blackpool and Como.
Favorite Beaches: Cape Hatteras
Waddell
Tarifa
Gear: Follow the Rabbits
Brand Affiliation: Wainman Hawaii

Postby Rossall » Sat May 14, 2005 12:23 pm

Can't say enough good things about these kites, Had the 04 and the 05 versions and they are probably one of the best all round kites on the market. Great bottom end great top end. Love the way you can just depower the bar and cruise upwind as well, it effortless. They are as stated above bullet proof, great bar and safty even the 05 bag is good. Great price in the Uk as well, I could go on......oh came out as one of the best in test in the UK mag...........they relaunch, easy no need for 5th line although you can fit one if you want. Theres more much more.

Return to “Kitesurfing”