Forum for kitesurfers
AB
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

TRUE BLUE

Postby AB » Fri May 20, 2005 4:00 pm

This is out to all the old kiters (and old Kiteforum writers) out there,

Please excuse me because I am pissed (thats Oz talk for drunk) and am reminesing.

I have been reading Kiteforum for about two years now but I find I read it less and less.

When I first started kiting I was keen on all I could get on kiting and read about it because it was new and exciting. But as I have been there and done that, from Wipika to Slingshot to Best I find that now I would rather go surfing then kite.

All you hear about now is 5th line, some new kite material and f*** this is the greatest. In the old days people were trying to help others because none of us really knew what we were doing and we just wanted to get the best we could with what we had.

It is so much simpler to go surfing. without the hassle of "Whats cool now" or "You have to be unhooked if you want to be killing it". Surfing is so much purer and the style of board you ride (apart from goat boats) doesnt matter, perhaps that is why so many kiters are now trying to kite into waves and then surf, they are still just surfing, just a different method of getting there.

I liked kiting for being to jump fucking high and if that looks gay, then f*** OFF. Sure i cant pass a handle behind my back while throwing a kite loop but I still can manage to stay out longer then you in big winds, throw my board off my feet and throw it around and jump very fucking high and get gasps from the crowd while you are sitting on the beach talking about how gay I look and dreaming about your next wake boarding move. (If you like it so much. jus go wake boaring and leave kiting to us).

So to wind up, I still call Australia Home (I was just listening to Peter Allen),the greatest country in the world and like kiting the way it once was, a few blokes out there, jumping as high as they could, pioneering a sport before it became mainstream and (god forbid) safe, and still think us old boys can handle a kite better then you new fuckers anyday.

Cardboards (possible the best kite specific board ever belt) rock and are the best boards you will ever buy, ask they who have got them, whether they are old school or new school. I am yet to hear a bad word about them!!

Go the Maroons and go Oz, the greatest contry there will ever be!!

Forever
Queenslander

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Fri May 20, 2005 4:45 pm

no need to be aggressive towards others.

Many guys are with you.
Prefer a big air anytime over a dangle handle. Don't want to even try it.
But that's everyone's choice and I'm fine any other style. Just don't want anyone to tell me how I should ride.

So, all is cool, we all have our personal style and everyone enjoys it the way they want it to be.

Hopefully one day I will rip OZ as well, sounds like a great coninent!

Have fun and don't drink and fly!

Greets
Toby

kitesurf73
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby kitesurf73 » Fri May 20, 2005 5:13 pm

AB and nowhip you should talk :o could be interesting :roll:

DrLightWind
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Matheson Hammock Park Miami
Favorite Beaches: Crandon Beach, Hobbie Beach, Keys, St. Lucia, St. Marteen,
Style: Old School
Gear: Flysurfer15m and 21m Speed3 DLX
RealWind Mutant 148 X 40 and Directional 190 X 48, F-One TT 128 X35, Dereck Semi Directional 143 X 38 and 177 X 46.

Postby DrLightWind » Fri May 20, 2005 5:25 pm

AB,

You're correct, I'm with you. :thumb:
I agree kiting is about going big, that's fun.
A well designed kite needs only 4 lines, 5th line is old and lame from my point of view and screw that.

Just want to add that I'm an independent flyer and no association with any Brand,
inspite of the fact recently when I post a thread about Windwing or Best,
that there is info at the Review section my threads are moved or deleted.
I never hyped up things, I just write things down the way it is and feel about any brands.

I just want to provide more info and truth to the flyer about my testings
and indication where it could be found.

If the moderator tells you don't even write and to see something at the review section on the forum, something must be wrong here IMO.
Give me a brake!!! :!:
Why the truth should be hided away from the forum??? :?:
Is that because something revolutionary or sometimes I'm lucky and
have a chance who could test a new kite as a light wind tester at an earlier time than some high-pros or the moderator?? :?:

So what's about all this BS censor, why can't tell the truth?

DrLightWind

STF
Very Frequent Poster

Postby STF » Fri May 20, 2005 5:53 pm

I concur. Very Right...nodik and his guy friends are those dudes sitting on the beach saying that huge is soooooooooooo gay, stop the whip. DORKS

DR. LIGHT

Shit i just got some 5th lines, there bad? I just want to be able to re luanch fast as the water is really freaken cold here.

Rockstar
Very Frequent Poster

Re: TRUE BLUE

Postby Rockstar » Sat May 21, 2005 12:27 am

This is out to all the old kiters (and old Kiteforum writers) out there,

Please excuse me because I am pissed (thats Oz talk for drunk) and am reminesing.

I have been reading Kiteforum for about two years now but I find I read it less and less.

When I first started kiting I was keen on all I could get on kiting and read about it because it was new and exciting. But as I have been there and done that, from Wipika to Slingshot to Best I find that now I would rather go surfing then kite.

All you hear about now is 5th line, some new kite material and f*** this is the greatest. In the old days people were trying to help others because none of us really knew what we were doing and we just wanted to get the best we could with what we had.

It is so much simpler to go surfing. without the hassle of "Whats cool now" or "You have to be unhooked if you want to be killing it". Surfing is so much purer and the style of board you ride (apart from goat boats) doesnt matter, perhaps that is why so many kiters are now trying to kite into waves and then surf, they are still just surfing, just a different method of getting there.

I liked kiting for being to jump fucking high and if that looks gay, then f*** OFF. Sure i cant pass a handle behind my back while throwing a kite loop but I still can manage to stay out longer then you in big winds, throw my board off my feet and throw it around and jump very fucking high and get gasps from the crowd while you are sitting on the beach talking about how gay I look and dreaming about your next wake boarding move. (If you like it so much. jus go wake boaring and leave kiting to us).

So to wind up, I still call Australia Home (I was just listening to Peter Allen),the greatest country in the world and like kiting the way it once was, a few blokes out there, jumping as high as they could, pioneering a sport before it became mainstream and (god forbid) safe, and still think us old boys can handle a kite better then you new fuckers anyday.

Cardboards (possible the best kite specific board ever belt) rock and are the best boards you will ever buy, ask they who have got them, whether they are old school or new school. I am yet to hear a bad word about them!!

Go the Maroons and go Oz, the greatest contry there will ever be!!

Forever
Queenslander
What a tired old xenophobic poof you sound like!

Who listens to Peter Allen?? Why did he not live in OZ if its so good?
:lol: :lol:

Why say that you hate goatboats (Surf skis?) You sound just like those you are trying to criticize.Maybe the wakestyle new schoolers veiw you like them ?
None of us are perfect,I hate jet skis !!(but only when they come too close to me.)

When you sober up,have a good look at your self.Try to be more tolerant .There are many beautifull countries in the world.
It does not matter what you ride as long as you love the water,and do not impinge on other peoples enjoyment.
Its all good !
It does not matter what you use :thumb:

justoon
Medium Poster

Postby justoon » Sat May 21, 2005 1:18 am

Rockstar you just opened yourself up to a whole heap of potential gay jibes at the US. :lol:While i am still half respected on this forum i wont go there however it would be funny.Go Queenslander :thumb: those cockies will be picking up missing limbs come wednesday night.Never rode a cardboard but have heard good reports about Dans work.

Return to “Kitesurfing”