Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Who is on the biggest Crusade on the forum???

Forum for kitesurfers
mark van haze
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby mark van haze » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:13 pm

me for true, real world foil vs tube facts and videos.

kitesurf66
Very Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby kitesurf66 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:45 pm

I'd have to say Vietkiter. He can kill with his marketing blurbs and why Best is da best and why the HF will outperform anything in the water :D

K66

vietkiter
Very Frequent Poster

Postby vietkiter » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:07 am

kitesurf66 wrote:I'd have to say Vietkiter. He can kill with his marketing blurbs and why Best is da best and why the HF will outperform anything in the water :D
I am honored by your continued interest... but this would only be true if we are talking about anti-Crusaders

Ironically, "crusaders" is such a perfect word to describe the "Best bashers"... crusaders and their like warred, pillaged, raped and killed all in the name "their God"... hypocrite moral pretense predated kitesurfing...

My modern anti-crusade is really to exposed the same hypocrite moral pretense by the Best bashers... though I dabble in the anti-Best hype too... but that is a crowded market now... but do check my early posts

I don't recall ever saying Best is "da saints" but it's not "crusader's pagan" either...

I don't recall hyping HF in the manner that you described either... but here on kiteforum... people only see Ying and never Yang

As to my "marketing blurbs"... it's usually a response to another anti-Best crusade... so many blurbs... I would have but 10 posts if it weren't for the crusaders

Hey, I still fly early '04 kites and get plenty of water time... wind is a drive or a flight away... I don't encounter any crusaders outside of kiteforum... and I don't talk like this in normal life either... I am only anti-crusader in cyberspace... kitesurfers are among the nicest people I know... out in the real world... we kitesurfer all belong to the same small minor religion

Tom183
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tom183 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:16 am

vietkiter wrote:
kitesurf66 wrote:I'd have to say Vietkiter. He can kill with his marketing blurbs and why Best is da best and why the HF will outperform anything in the water :D
I am honored by your continued interest... but this would only be true if we are talking about anti-Crusaders

Ironically, "crusaders" is such a perfect word to describe the "Best bashers"... crusaders and their like warred, pillaged, raped and killed all in the name "their God"... hypocrite moral pretense predated kitesurfing...

My modern anti-crusade is really to exposed the same hypocrite moral pretense by the Best bashers... though I dabble in the anti-Best hype too... but that is a crowded market now... but do check my early posts

I don't recall ever saying Best is "da saints" but it's not "crusader's pagan" either...

I don't recall hyping HF in the manner that you described either... but here on kiteforum... people only see Ying and never Yang

As to my "marketing blurbs"... it's usually a response to another anti-Best crusade... so many blurbs... I would have but 10 posts if it weren't for the crusaders

Hey, I still fly early '04 kites and get plenty of water time... wind is a drive or a flight away... I don't encounter any crusaders outside of kiteforum... and I don't talk like this in normal life either... I am only anti-crusader in cyberspace... kitesurfers are among the nicest people I know... out in the real world... we kitesurfer all belong to the same small minor religion
Wow... He's good. He's REALLY good.

Rockstar
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Rockstar » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:52 am

Why? Because he talks in circles and such?

Anti Best hype bashers,yet dabbles in anti hype as well ?????

Its amusing to see SQ and VK and company now all admitting that the Hellfish was "overhyped".

I feel vindicated for my posts about it. I must admit that it got a little out of control for a while. It was just a reaction to the "crusade".
First there was all the aggresive hype. Then all the excuses when the truth started to come out.

I am all for innovation and improvement in kite design.Of course there are better materials and designs etc.

But.......PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE, spare us the BULLSHIT hype!

DON'T tell us that a 12m will replace our current 16m.
If it can not in reality.

This goes for ALL brands !

spork
Very Frequent Poster

Postby spork » Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:08 am

Rockstar wrote:Its amusing to see SQ and VK and company now all admitting that the Hellfish was "overhyped"
But to be fair, I think we can all agree that Hellfish hype makes all previous hype obsolete. :D

RC

kitesurf66
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kitesurf66 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:42 am

vietkiter wrote:I am honored by your continued interest... but this would only be true if we are talking about anti-Crusaders...
Need I say more? :thumb:

K66

Beachboy
Frequent Poster

Postby Beachboy » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:51 am

Spork Says:

"But to be fair, I think we can all agree that Hellfish hype makes all previous hype obsolete."

Very good point, Spork! I think that Best Kites deserves all of the bad buzz that they are getting now, because they essentially hijacked this forum (shame on you, Toby, for allowing it...) and blasted us with over the top hype disguised as forum member comments. And then... ALex with his $100,000 "all kites are obsolete...Etc" wall of B.S.

When members of the forum protested, they were met with rude, cocky, and derogatory comments by the best pimps. When the Hellfish Hype started to unravel, rather than offer the courtesy of an open discussion about the problems with the design, they just piled on more and more heaps of offensive bull.

In the end, this forum is truly a community, and Best could clearly learn to be a bit more diplomatic. In my opinion, their behavior has been an insult to this entire community.

Kind of reminds me of the Hamish McDonald contoversy here last year. Sometimes it's just better to admit your mistakes, apologize, and move on to bigger and brighter things.

spork
Very Frequent Poster

Postby spork » Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:03 am

Beachboy wrote:Very good point, Spork! I think that Best Kites deserves all of the bad buzz that they are getting now...
Uh-oh... Looks like I stirred something up. For what it's worth, I don't think Best is the savior of the kiting industry, and I don't think they'll be the death of it either. In the long run the consumer is pretty savvy, and develops a pretty good BS detector in areas as specialized as kitesurfing. It'll all even out, and in the end the consumer will win (as always).

But as much fun as Best has tossing around ridiculous statements like "traditional kites are obsolete", you kinda have to have a little fun at their expense.

RC

chemosavi
Very Frequent Poster
Style: If Ghengis Kan, I kan too!
Gear: Grass fed Carbon Fiber
Brand Affiliation: Peace in the Middle East

Postby chemosavi » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:51 am

Seems pretty simple to me,
Best had a product they went out on a limb with, ie cuben fiber.

They probably knew other manufacturers were also coming out with hot products around the same time and they wanted people committed to the HELLFISH before they got "wind" of something else.

They know how to use the internet to create buzzzzzzzzzzzz.

All very smart business decisions.
Maybe short lived as well.

Still, it looks like it jumps like a mofo in those vids!!!!!

Return to “Kitesurfing”