Loved that kite.
Mike.

http://www.northtexaskitesports.com/storm2.html

kiterfighter
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby kiterfighter » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:28 pm

SQ, yeah time will tell, the same thing it did for your overhyped, overpriced, overdue Hellfish. I bet a lot of HF buyers are going through kite hell because of your constant BS.

gbgreen59
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby gbgreen59 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:43 pm

Do you think it will be priced lower than Crossbow?...hope so.

D_Clark
Very Frequent Poster

Postby D_Clark » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:56 pm

Do we have some photo interpreters from the NRO on this forum? You all are reading a lot in to a single picture of a prototype kite. The level of graphics and the coloring show that they want us to see an almost finished product. Its a very clever way of saying, "Hey we have one too, so don't run out and buy a crossbow."

I'm sure that the design will be tweaked to be different than the Crossbow and offer some difference so people will chose the Naish over Cabrinah.

Cabrinha will still do very well being first to market with the crossbow and as long as they don't drop the ball. I have heard that the first run is mostly sold out already.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:10 pm

UNSAFE wrote:The kite pictured does not have the same flat shape as the Nova and Crossbow. The key to the Bow design is how the leading edge curves way back behind the trailing edge at the wing tips, this allows the trailing edge to follow the flatter curve of the LE. The Naish does not have this and looks to be a trditional shapped kite with a bridle, likley with more depower like a windwing. I had heard that Naish had recently liscenced the Bow design so I wouldn't be suprised to see something else in the future.
It is not, at least from what I have seen of it....really not a traditional kite at all.

a.

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:24 pm

"SQ, yeah time will tell, the same thing it did for your overhyped, overpriced, overdue Hellfish. I bet a lot of HF buyers are going through kite hell because of your constant BS."

rest assured mate there's no one going through anything because of my constant BS, i think you are confusing the monkey for the organ grinder... check my posts, what can i say.

d-clark, yeh there's a few guys on the forum who have a lot of experience in photography and digital manipulation of images. and just as many with experience of marketing. the image from naish is a stopper, thats all.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:45 pm

if they all are coming up with a similar design and performance the bar will play a big rule as well.

This kite has to have a power lock and for me a movable stopper, which I can adjust for my needs...

Greets
Toby

Scott Evil
Frequent Poster

Postby Scott Evil » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:24 am

I think Naish has a new bar designer that used to work for Takoon

true?

SE

Dax
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dax » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:59 am

I agree with Toby... with the flat design kites bar design is so much more important than with regular kites. I don't really like the Crossbow's double pulley system, but it is very effective at depowering the kite with less bar movement.

Fer
Medium Poster

Postby Fer » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:22 am

How about a adjustable stopper that's adjustable on the ride? That should make powerlock obsolete. Personally I like to ride with the bar against the knot of the depowerstrap. So a simple gizmo like that should do the job.

Return to “Kitesurfing”