Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

I live in Zakynthos Greece

Forum for kitesurfers
Live2KITE
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Live2KITE » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:37 am

That was not meant for kiting but rather chilling in Oia.
Having said that, we checked every possible part of the island (maybe the 10th time being there) and there are options for kiting, although not my first choice.

mig27
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kijkduin, Scheveningen
Favorite Beaches: Brouwersdam, Slufter, Grevelingendam, Rockanje
Style: strapless hydrofoil and wave
Gear: Zeeko Notus5 5.5m
Flysurfer Speed 5 12m
Zeeko 2015 Pocket board
Zeeko 2016 Carbon freeride foil + racewing
Nobile woodskim 129x50 (with foil mast inserts)
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby mig27 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:53 am

I was in Zakynthos two years ago in June, and did not bring my gear. There was one guy who brought his gear. Indeed I checked out the whole island, and the westcoast was the only time I saw some wind there for a few hours. The rest of the week really 0 knots of wind!!!

Years ago I have been to Polyponesos (before the kitesurfing days) to do some catamaran sailing. It was in a bay near Kalamata. That is not far away from Zakynthos, and the winds were strong there. So maybe I was unlucky, but make sure you check the chance for wind.

I think Paros has more wind.

gillstah
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Hayling, Porthcawl, Poole, Bournemouth
Gear: Best Waroos 9m 2007; 14m 2006. Takoon Vegas '04 138x39. Lost Cause "Exile" 135x47.
Brand Affiliation: Cadbury's Creme Eggs; Ginster's Cheese & Onion Pasties; Yop.

Postby gillstah » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:59 am

@mig27

i'm off to nr kalamata next week. only have space for one kite, so thinking of taking a 12m.

can you remember what time of year you were catamaraning in the pelopennese, and approx how windy was it?

thanks (and apologies for thread hijack :) ).

paul.

Cshort
Rare Poster
Local Beach: wales

Re: I live in Zakynthos Greece

Postby Cshort » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:57 pm

hi rory

im looking to come to zante in august 2013 for 2 weeks staying in kalamiki for 2 weeks and wanting to brink my kit and wonderind would you be up for a couple of sessions if not more :) as really wanna try it out over their this time as i went to tisivili last year but didnt take my kit

Zepheros
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Anywhere

Postby Zepheros » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:32 am

Chris-

I visit Kefalonia often, what spots do you recommend. Although, great thermal seemed to kick in daily we've had a difficult time finding decent launches, because of wind shadows due to mountains or cliffs.

Thank you sir.

Chriskef
Medium Poster

Postby Chriskef » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:38 pm

Hi

A few options on Kefalonia. I kite from lixouri, just below the harbour breakwater. Takes a little work to get past the breakwater but once you do, loads of wind great bit of swell too. No traffic other than a ferry which yo should be able to keep upwind from you unless you fancy a beat over to the other side of the bay. Also, try launching from hotel terra Mare - a hotel and beach about 2km up the bay from lixouri. Never anyone there. Beach is a little crappy but great gust free kiting.

Alot of people also launch from the Fanari (lighthouse) on the Argostoli side. I often see a couple of kiters there. Launch looks tricky though as onshore until you get past the lighthouse.

Lastly, anywhere along the south coast from Trapezaki beach - especially Mounda, and so on. Always wind along that shore, nearly always cross shore.

Hope that helps. Have a great time.

Chris

Return to “Kitesurfing”