This is funny Gumball has found an internet connection and reappeared on the best forum >> to bash the crossbow. http://forum.bestkiteboarding.com/viewtopic.php?t=736
(BTW there's a few more pics of damaged HF over there if you're into that sort of thing )
The gee!-man's XBow summary includes:
* kite turns inside out (even with hard pumped bladder)
* slides in the turns
* kiteloop is a joke
* no power in downstroke (or in any turn)
* massive bar pressure
* different to fly (not good different)
* can't unspin the bar
* sheet out & fall like a rock
* zero hang time
* But it's a good beginner kite (full depower) and great for learning handlepasses.
I agree that Alex is entitled to his opinion but I think Alex has a lot of nerve complaining about a kite that is relatively good compared to the HF which wasn't nearly as good as his hype of it.
Also, I think it is another ding against his credibility because from what I have seen of the Crossbow:
* kiteloop is a joke - It certainly is easy.
* no power in downstroke (or in any turn) - not if you sheet in
* massive bar pressure - fix on the way
* different to fly (not good different) - So is the HF.
* can't unspin the bar - Yes you can
* sheet out & fall like a rock - wrong
* zero hang time - Hang time is good with a big enough kite.
A prof once told me, if you are going to kill a king, kill him. Alex shouldn't have wasted his time and our time with petty bs about the Crossbow.